Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

not able to think, strange feelings in head

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
So I have anxiety, for sure, and some compressed vertebrae in my neck.

I get funny dizziness-like feelings, and a feeling of tension in the fronthead, cheeks, basically all over the face. It's a feeling like the muscles have been tense for long and now they're releasing tension. Which would be good, only that i feel faint while this happens. Also, I get tooth pain, sometimes severe. My vision is often somewhat blurry, although I don't find this to be the correct term, on the right. Sometimes in both eyes.
It's just a feeling of something not being quite right in my head. I wonder if the compressed vertebrae could cause this. I hope there's an explanation that could ease my anxiety.
Also, I have a feeling of pressure under my eyes sometimes, and in between my eyes.

These feelings last about 30 to 60 minutes. I get them mostly when I'm sat at the computer, when I go out, and when I go to sleep. Basically a lot of the time.

As I've had TONS of symptoms which come and go and ofund no explanation, I was wondering if these are some of them. I am afraid of tumors and the sorts. Also epilepsy (maybe these are some odd kind of seizures?)...what about synus problems or ear infections too?

Now the "not being able to think" part. I've had severe memory problems for a while, by wich I would forget instantly almost everything. That passed and presumabely was caused by high stress. Now, I have these times in which I feel a sense of void in some area of my brain, especially in my front. I feel like the neurons just don't work there. And I do an extreme effort to remember things, I get a flash of them and then they're gone, lost. It's too strange. This makes me fear brain problems as well. It's like my brain doesn't allow me to think of certain topics. What's going on?

Thank you very much for reading.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have a neurologist? If so, did you tell him/her about these symtoms? If so what was said.
All does not nessecarilly point to depression all the time. Sounds like you are becoming a little paranoid about thinking what is wrong with you and that is the worst thing to do. Could be you are suffering from a little paranoia. You can have every symtom in the book if you make yourself think you have them. Although, they are real to you, it is that part of your brain that is telling you that you do.
Could be you need to see a phycologist and sort things out.
You are in the process of a bad fall IMHO if you keep on the way your are going. Please rid yourself of this and go get some help instead of thinking this and that and torturing yourself.
|

replied May 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
See a neurologist. You need to rule out any neurological condition for your symptoms. They do not all seem related to stress and anxiety. An xray to rule out a sinus infection may be indicated. Have you seen your doctor about these issues? Consider going to your doctor and then a neurologist if you find no answers with your primary care physician. All the best.
|

replied July 6th, 2008
thank you duckotaco for posting because lately I have been feeling the same symptoms or the same anxiety. and i think my other people have been noticing something too. could you please let me know what it turns out to be?
Thanks
|

replied July 6th, 2008
GipsyGrl,

anxiety. My dizziness is sometimes low blood pressure. Then I get a sort of vertigo too, which my doctor said is related to cervical problems (stiff muscles, nerves, goes to ear that is related to balance).

These may contribute to the memory and thought blockage problems too, bur primarily it's anxiety.

In your place, I would go to a doctor and do what he tells. Don't start thinking you have something neurological as anxiety and stress cause very similar symptoms sometimes, and you have no way to tell. If the neurologist tells you you are fine, stick with that.

The "thought blockage" symptom I've had seemed to be caused by extreme stress and a common anxiety symptom called "brain fog". It's destined to pass. I'm much better now, I haven't noticed serious memory problems for long.

But first, let a neurologist tell you you're ok.
|

replied July 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Seems as I looked back, you have had similar problems last September. Have your looked into anything since? Just curious.
|