Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

normally pretty regular but now..

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
My husband and I are trying to conceive. We charted my ovualation and had sex on the days I was fertile. On day 21 of my cycle, I started having brown spotting and thought maybe it was implantation bleeding. That night though it was heavier and I had to use a tampon. I thought it was my period because I used a tampon all day Monday and by Tuesday afternoon it had stopped. It started again Wednesday afternoon. What is going on? I am normally pretty regular (27-29 days) and my period normally lasts approx 5 days and is very heavy in beginning. It was not very heavy on Monday but did soak a tampon.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A19340
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Brown spotting before a due period is sometimes normal and usually after a few days the normal periods start.It might also be an indication of implantation bleeding which occurs when a woman conceives.If the periods do not start then get a Blood HCG test done to rule out pregnancy.
Kindly visit a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.