Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Normal nocturnal discharge

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Sometimes, after urination, my penis feels like it still needs to urinate and a clear, fluid discharge will come out, accompanied by discomfort and sometimes pain. This discharge, after drying, leaves a solid white substance behind: on fabric, it resembles a powdery white stain, but on my glans, it leaves small white clumps. What could be the cause of this discharge, and what would I need to do to get rid of it?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2010
Penis Answer A9343
Thank you for your question on ehealthforum.com

It is more likely that you are having no problem. It (discharge) could be normal nocturnal discharge trapped coming out in the morning.

But, it is very important to have a diagnosis of urinary tract infection excluded. I suggest having a urinary test for bacteriae and a culture. A course of broad spectrum antibiotics may be needed if there is a suspicion of infection upon the urine test.

Thank you.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.