Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Normal mesntrual cycle length?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
My period cycle is usually:
every 7 - 14 days
every 14 - 21 days
every 21 - 28 days
every 28 - 35 days
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
16%  16%  [ 1 ]
50%  50%  [ 3 ]
33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6
User Profile
Hi,
before I haven't been interested in this..

But because I will start having sex for the first time in a few months.. I have decided to start keeping track of my periods. (ya never know right?)

The thing is, I don't know what's a normal cycle of days between periods.

My first tracking was 20 days.
Now I'll see if my next one will be in 20 days too.

anyhow, my question...
what's a normal ammount of days, like the average cycle?

And, is 20 days unlucky?
Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2008
Experienced User
Healthy menstrual cycles last between 21–45 days. A couple of years after you begin menstruation for the first time, cycles shorten to an adult length of 21–34 days.

I suppose 20 days is unlucky in the sense that you get your period more frequently! You can learn more about menstruation here.
|
Users who thank leewiz for this post: GiRo 

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2008
Experienced User
Thanks Very Happy

hmm, well it's my first track, I don't know if I have a stable cycle yet n.n'
I'll just wait and see for when my next ''party'' comes
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2008
Experienced User
Yep --- and be sure to schedule an annual exam with a gynecologist. Once you're sexually active, it's important to monitor your vaginal health once a year with PAP smears.
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2008
Experienced User
leewhiz wrote:
Yep --- and be sure to schedule an annual exam with a gynecologist. Once you're sexually active, it's important to monitor your vaginal health once a year with PAP smears.

PAP smears?? And how does sex influence my vaginal health? I'm sure there's nothing wrong with my bf's penis. o.o'
|

replied June 30th, 2009
honey if you dont think you need to have pap smears once sexaully active, yOu dont need to be having sex. you sound immature..very much.

your quote " how does sex influence my vaginal health". you not ready to be sexaully active hon
|
Quick Reply