Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

non stop menstrual period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi, I have irregular periods for years. but sometimes i get my period and it doesn't go away for months.. it would be nice to have a doctor to go to but i don't. so is there any other way for me to get my period to be regular.. i been on my period for 4 months now non stop everyday n it is heavy..

second question. can this affect when it comes to getting pregnant? i mean it scares me sometimes if i might not be able to get pregnant.. i really don't know what to think so please help..

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mimi27
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2009
Supporter
you need to see a doctor! even if it is from the family planning, or a place that will charge you on a sliding scale.
i had lite periods and i had a sonogram tell me that i have a cyst on my ovary. it is small so they are keeping an eye on it. if it gets bigger they might have to remove it.
then my periods begin to get very heavy with clots and stay on for weeks at a time. it took the doctor a very long time to figure out what's wrong with me. in this situation the doctor took tests on me to make sure i dont have cancer, fibroid tumors, low grade infection, or other diseases.
this is why you have to go to the doctor!!!!!!!!!
after they ruled them out the doctor diagnosis me with dysfunctional uterine bleeding meaning i m bleeding and they dont know why.
so i had surgery done called a hysteroscopy (camera in uterus) and d&c (scrap the lining of he uterus). they put my on the depo shot and i was spoting for another 1 1/2 months after surgery. but i m on birth control pills and it regulated my period.
the doctor refused to put me on birth control while i was bleeding heavy, he wanted to take tests to find out what was wrong.
right now you have to take iron pills so you wont loose so much from loose of blood. be careful because iron pills can constipate you.
|

replied March 8th, 2010
is it possible after having my tubes tied almost 14 years ago and having endometrial ablation 2 years ago, and at the age of 50, i could be pregnant?
|