Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

nodule on finger

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
About 3 weeks ago I found a nodul on my finger. I went to the doctor's and he wants me to have blood test to rule out rheumatoid arthritis. I had an x-ray of the other hand because two of my finger's joints (the ones below the nail) hurt when I move them but he couldn't reveal anything important. I'm very worried about it I know it's a serious disease. It's a nodul on the finger's joint always means rheumatoid arthritis???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health Forum.

A single nodule on the hand cannot be specifically due to rheumatoid arthritis, unless you have severe symptoms including joint pains, morning stiffness, reduced mobility of the joints, and radiographic evidence.

Presence of positive blood tests, for RA, does not mean that you will have a severe disease. Rheumatoid factor is a non specific finding.

You might consult a rheumatologist for proper advice and treatment.

|

replied July 19th, 2012
Hi my name is Tina37 and I had one nodule on my finger but I thought it was nothing so I said nothing but I did have pain in my fingers and little mobility. Then today I woke up with another nodule on another finger but the same hand and the pain was worst then the last time. This pain and stiffness I'm having well I have been having that pain for some time now, but the nodule is new. I currently see a RA Doctor and she has tested my blood for lupus and RA and both were negative. I also have muscle weakness and just was told I have Emphazma and Gilbert Disease. I'm looking for answer but no one seems to be able to help me. I'm only 37 and I feel 80...
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.