Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Nodule found in left upper lobe of my lung

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
I had been having shortness of breathe for the last couple months. It just steadily became worse and I developed a productive cough. I was coughing up large amounts of yellow sputum. However, twice I noticed there was a pink tinge color. So I went to the doctor and he ordered a chest xray. He started me on an antibiotic for bronchitis. The next day he called me and said the radiologist found an 8mm nodule in my left upper lobe. He wants me to have a repeat chest xray in 2 weeks. I've got one day of antibiotic left and still having shortness of breathe and a cough, but my cough is a lot better than it was. Needless to say I am scared to death, my father passed away 4 years ago from small cell lung cancer that metastasized to the brain. My brother passed away 10 years ago from small cell lung cancer. I smoked for about 30 years and quit 6 years ago. Not sure if I should wait another week for the chest xray or what to do. Just looking for advice. Thanks so much. Deb
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 29th, 2011
Concerning my previous post. I had my follow up chest x-ray. The 8mm nodule has grown in just 2 weeks. It is now 1.0 cm. I am scheduled for a lung CT next week. As I stated I was on antibiotics for "bronchitis". I took all the antibiotics but steadily got worse, to the point with only minimal exertion I became extremely short of breath, dry cough and feet, ankles, face and hands swelling. Come to find out I have pulmonary edema. The doctor started me on a water pill which has helped tremendously. Now I also have to have heart echo. I am so worried about the nodule growing so quickly. Any advice or anything you can tell me about my condition would be greatly appreciated. I am a nervous wreck because of my strong family history of lung cancer. Thank you!
|
Did you find this post helpful?