Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Nocturnal and daytime calf muscle cramps

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
over the past few weeks i have begun experiencing these painful cramps in the lower part of my left leg just bellow the nee it is never the right leg. like just last night while watching my fav movie i got a cramp while in bed however i managed to get rid of it by quickly moving and stretching my leg really fast and holding it there for a couple of minutes. I know i admit my self im not healthy. i have not checked my weight in a couple months quite frankly im a little nervous to. i don't eat healthy either however i drink a lot of water and i mean a lot. i eat the occasional banana i don't drink alcohol and never will im 16 so i dont know what else to tell you. these cramps mostly occur while im lying down and i think part of the reason is my bed but occasionally i do get them while sitting up straight in my chair in the living room and siting at the computer.These cramps are a problem for me cause i get nervous when im at school scared that i may get a cramp and be embarrassed by jumping out of my chair in the middle of a class and all of a sudden jump up and probably start swearing in pain if anyone has any remedies for cramps in the lower part of the leg then please help me out.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 13th, 2009
Community Volunteer
You are deficient in minerals. Take a daily supplement (just the recommended dosage) of Calcium/Magnesium that will help strengthen and relax the muscles. The cramps should be pretty much gone in a week.
|
Did you find this post helpful?