Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Nobody likes me (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
hello ,i am very frustrated bcoz of my behavior ,it seems like nobody likes me and it is also sure that the way i respond to people is not the way they expect .how to know what is going on to others mind.moreover i am sensitive too.if anyone saying wrong to me and i cannot answer him/her properly the time i was frustrated most. consequently i am afraid of mixing with people.it looks like i want to go such a place where anybody cant disturb me.so could u pls pls pls help me out??????????
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Khan1987
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2010
Advanced Support Team
You are not alone and I can definitely relate to what you are saying.

Hmm, you know - you should check out a book that helped to inspire me alot.. It may give you a different point of view on things.

It's called The Four Agreements. I avoided reading it for a while thinking it was just a bunch of popular self help schlock, but its actually quite a profound book.

Let me know how it goes.
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2010
I can relate too. There was a time when I avoided people because it was too uncomfortable or painful. But, gradually I've felt more comfortable. It helps to be a friend to yourself, in what you think. When you start to put yourself down, stop & question your thoughts. Respond to yourself (in thought - or out loud if you want to look crazy Smile ) as you would a good friend. Aknowledge if you mess up & then encourage yourself by also aknowledging when you've succeeded & believe you can succeed more. What people think of you is none of your business.
|

replied February 24th, 2010
Definately, I can relate to everything mentioned here, and all these years I felt I was the only one. here are a few more things which I want to share:
1)I have the feeling that nobody likes me, except for my parents

2)All the new people I come across gets more closer to my friends, but seems to be annoyed by my presence and hence avoids me, interrupts me, doesnt really accept me

3)Always have to be extremely careful regarding what i do or say, so that I don't lose the few people I am "friends" with

4)Get dispected at times, as i receive less priorty than others

5)Sometimes i think its because how i look..but people say i'm good looking enough..so its not that even..and i do come from a wealthy family..it's not that i look cheap

6)I don't think i even belong to this world.. at times.

7) Why? Why me? what did i do wrong in life? this is nothing less than being cursed..its changing me..into a low-self-confident person..making me nervous..making me feel like hiding..what is it?

8 ) is it the things that i say? or how i say it?

9)kept on losing all my friends since childhood..feels like nobody can stand me for a long period of time

10)Without a doubt, i can say that after my parents dies, there is going to be NOBODY, who actually would ever care for me..i will be very lonely in this world

11)when will this be over? what do i do to make people like me? who will help me? what did i do wrong?
|
Users who thank Khan1987 for this post: plushgecko 

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2013
Im in the same boat,i feel alot of pain right now,mostly because I drink and wont stop,like I always make excuses why its more fun too buy nips,wgalk around,find a spot and get drunk.its retarded.because I know at the end of the day I put 1% of thet work in that I intended to,ive been laid off for 2 months.i really need to be happy,!**@! the car,the friends,the girl I want.it would make a difference,but im just prayin for happiness just like you. If u ever need to talk text me 15086176107 my names jordan
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2010
Khan - & Nobody -
I used to complain about this & my mom used to tease me, so I didn't feel like I had her support, in some ways. For so long, I've tried to get my self-esteem from others, & maybe you're trying to do the same. I think people sense that, because as much as I don't want to admit it, I was using them. I never saw it that way until recently.

I don't know you - I'm not sure what you're strengths, talents & weaknesses are, but I do know that you have something unique to offer this world. There's something you can contribute, that nobody else can. Appreciate that about yourself...forget getting others to like you. "Those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind." If people don't like you (WHEN YOU'RE BEING YOURSELF) then just realize they're (presently) a puzzle piece that just doesn't fit with the puzzle piece you are at this time. What you tell yourself is powerful, so be kind, especially to yourself.
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2010
Do not be depressed just know that yeah people are evil
In high school I went from a private school to a public school all the other kids pick on me they were just jealous because I came from a wealthy family and they resented that. I was quiet and kind so they would attack me even more but when i fought back boy was I nasty. Now i''m an adult and I have moved on from my family to even another country the US but I still feel mistreated by people I don''t even know. When I walk down the street people intentionally look at me and try to piss me off by cutting me off when i''m walking especially men. I am disrespected every day this way they see me and start to walk faster on the opposite side of the street and move on over to where I am and walk in front of me just. Do people just sense I think i am superior than others I do dress nice I am attractive and very confident of myself something instilled in me by my mother. I do not even look at peoples faces because that was another form of attack by belittling me with snarls and some people even laughing at me which I knew were mind games. I do my own thing mind my own business but People just LOVE to hate me. But the trend that I see is the people who are at the very top like the CEos are the ones that love me. So instead of walking on street level I try to stay on the penthouse level I dont interact much with thoes below me or the simple people with no ambition or confidence because enough is enough they are filled with just hate hate. So maybe were trying to be too humble and fit in with the wrong crowd their just confortable being around themselves on their levels. Maybe its because i''m a black woman showing too much confidence that only white women should it''s almost like how dare you.
|

replied July 6th, 2010
nobody likes me either
well they all say they do but i can tell they dont
i fink it ovious
|

replied October 31st, 2010
I related to all your posting and have had difficult times dealing with people while trying to developing relationships since a very young age. I am not sure if it is my mammerisms or the way I look, or talk that seems to scare people away from me. I truly try to be the person I am, but I can tell by reactions from others that my self is annoying or not acceptable.
|

replied March 29th, 2011
tada
i really have nothing to say for this all i can say use this depression and
become something more powerful that people wish to come closer to you but that day you chose to deny their friendship .
|

replied April 27th, 2011
i think its our attitude or our manner of speaking which puts off others
|

replied October 28th, 2012
i am very kind and lovable will do anything to help someone and yet feel so isolated and no one like me just wish i could meet some one like me kind and willing to help so may be your attidute is ok and maybe it is the attitude of the people around you that stinks
|

replied October 4th, 2012
I'm having same problem like Khan., I don't know how to come out of this,I started wearing glass from UKG, So From my childhood I had been teased by my friends,I will the last to be chosen, no one gave importance both in my home and outside, If my attitude and way of speaking is not good now, What mistake I did when I was a child why I'm being punished like this., I'm very much depressed no one has encouraged and congratulated me so I'm finding hard to do the same for others (I know I'm trying hard). I'm very scared to speak because people will start to make fun of me, I'm trying my level best to get the self confidence but I can't., I don't how you people can help me but please
|

replied October 6th, 2012
lost
I have always felt like nobody likes me. But it was more than that. It was that I didn't know how to act or respond "correctly". I never fit into any group and even in a group I feel isolated. Started in elementary school... I'm 27 now and not much has changed. I made friends with the misfits in middle school... And from there every person I know I met through someone I knew. My best friend and my brother committed suicide in the last couple years and I am afraid it was for the same reasons. I've had 1 significant relationship that ended because my anxiety of her leaving me for someone else. I continue to isolate myself and don't know how to get out of this rut. Now when I think about doing something I've never done my heart races and I hide... Whether it be talking to someone I don't know or going to the store. I've had thoughts of suicide my whole life... Been in and out of counciling... I just want these fears to go away. I push people away with my actions but I.don't know how to stop them. I smoke pot and drink to be social because I don't know how to relax but then I lose control of my actions and hurt people anyways. There has got to be a way to move forward and I'm hoping medication might help. I feel broken. I don't know how much longer I can handle this life. These problems arrise in everything I do. Knowing that I'm not the only one who feels this way helps... But nobody can really understand unless they've been through it themselves. And no one can help unless they've overcome the problem themselves. I think it takes a strong hand to pull us out of the pit of misery we unintentionally create for ourselves. P.s. The Four Agreements was an amazing book that I also suggest.
|

replied October 15th, 2012
People hate others for being different because they haven't got the guts to be different themselves. And why should you have to suffer for what they do?? Don't let them win like that. People who hate like they do aren't the sought of people who deserve someone like you; they can go on and just live their boring pathetic lives and never step out of the boundaries of their own stupid imagination of life. There is only one person in the whole entire galaxy who can be you, one person who can live and love like you, one person who can just simply be you. And that's you.

Don't throw that person away for good without truly, properly trying.
|

replied October 26th, 2012
I can so relate...Nobody likes me either, not even my own dad... my mum loves me in her own way... but i feel so alone. I have no friends to talk to except neighbours occasionally... in my mind i give out so much, yet get little back... i dont expect anything from anyone, except maybe a little respect and acknowledgment once in a while.... but i realise what i say and do are wrong, i only wish i knew... i used to be so popular and pretty, im neither anymore... i cant find the right words to explain how i feel, and i think maybe thats the problem... i hide in my flat every day, miles away from anywhere i called home... i cant take it! i thought i was ok! i just wish i knew what i was doing wrong... and didnt feel so alone.
|

replied October 28th, 2012
hi debilee
i feel the same, i wouldnt mind but i am so nice and kind\to everyone but everyone just igornes me it is so hurtful and i feel so isolated if i was a mean unkind person i would understand but i am not
|

replied October 27th, 2012
Start writing whole words, for example, "please" instead of "pls".
|

replied November 25th, 2012
almost came to an end!!!
Hi friends, even am one among you. I am the only son for my parents and i remember my dad lifting me idle with no too much of friends (keeping in mind - i might get spoiled). After my education, to come out of this empty box - i have choosen sales and marketing as my career with automobiles. I enjoyed my last 10 yrs of work and will continue to enjoy as long as i live, being passionate of automobiles. Not to mention, this 10 years took me through 13 jobs. Am very sure. All of them was not that am not a performer / i do not have a commitment / irresponsible. All (up to my belief and knowledge) is that i couldn't mingle with my fellow mates. Believe me, i am good in sales and a go getter. All these while, my top management really liked my style of work and attitude - as a result - i have grown from a consultant to manager in my first 4 years. I dont drink / smoke because of my own policy and i never objected any of my friends to do so and even i paid from my pocket for many parties and stuff. But, they all enjoyed it and neverlooked back. I try to every one that i came across in my career as friends. But, no one atleast responds to me. I almost lost confidence. Now i have even lost my job and sitting in home and searching for a placement since 2 months. No job. Am getting decayed day by day. I even tried out for the placement as a consultant - which makes me goback 10 yrs. Even then, no response. I tried with my friends also. nothing nothing. Infact, they respond like - you turned another page? Am very honest towards my company and will never let a single individual in my limits to chew a single peanut that belongs to company un-officially. May be that has become the reason i couldn't survive in my career. I have taken a dead line of 31st December 2012. If something is not turning out - I SHOULD BE WINDING ME UP!!!
|

replied December 2nd, 2012
Help feeling loneliness
Hi
Sometimes I feels like am alone in this world. I know the fact that my parents and sibling loves me very much though am not performing up to their expectation. Recently I Joined a new college. In college when am present everyone is friendly with me. Once left college no contacts nothing. I call them. I texted them. But I won't getany thing I reply. But they do texting and all among themselves a lot. They will call me only when they need anything or any help nothing else. Feeling lonely very much. Any one can help me. Lot of negative thoughts coming up day by day
|

replied February 11th, 2013
No trust
I am 12. This may sound silly, but whenever I go to a sleepover I usually just... Sleep. Everybody else has an iPhone 5 or 4. I don't have even a normal cellphone. My parents aren't very rich and I have to save for everything myself. If I wanted an iPhone I would have to get a job... and that's hard for a 12 year old. I'm also homeschooled so I don't have many friends. When I go to a party... (Rare) I always am not involved, as in, I'm excluded a lot. Nobody listens to my opinion because I am so short. They think I'm about 8 years old, which isn't fair. I wish that people would put down their cellphones long enough to see what people are like on the inside behind those brand names and makeup.
|

replied March 12th, 2013
Hey, being 12 can be a drag, im a 22 year old dude. When I was 12 I too was poor, my mother was a single mom. The town I grew up in was filthy rich! So I felt left out every day, not many friends, didn't fit in with popular crowd. I WAS SAD to say the least. Here's what i did, I got off my butt and I started taking art classes, I started going to concerts, I joined the school football team(I had never played football in my life and didn't even know how to play), And I started lifting weights almost every day. By the time I got to hignschool I was very popular!!! But I WAS NOT popular by anyone else's standards, I had my own experiences and my own passions, that's what makes you popular. Your peers don't understand personal achievement because they are 12, they don't understand compassion for someone less fortunate, they don't know how to be good people yet! BOTTOM LINE: Don't let other people get to you, don't be consumed by Ipads and cell phones...(the company is just gana come out with a better device next year) Focus on finding your passion, finding something that you can enjoy and be good at, and lifting weights or playing a sport might help you get a chick down the road. KEEP YOUR CHIN UP, LIFE GETS BETTER...if you allow it to!
|

replied March 4th, 2013
I am 45 years old. I live alone with two big dogs. I cannot find any friends in this whole wide world. My dogs are my only friends. I have been single for most of my life. I am a well spoken, kind, good-looking man. I am helpful and respectful to others. I give to strangers and help the homeless. I am an upright citizen and have never been involved in any criminal activity. Very often I have nobody to talk to the whole day except for a few words with the check-out lady at the supermarket. Sometimes I feel like I must be an alien or something. I dont know what it is. I can read peoples thoughts about me. People think I am weird for no reason. I dont act like a weirdo or look like a weirdo. I think that a lot of people are jealous of me. They think I am carefree but I never asked God to make me single without a wife and kids. Thats just the way it is. Nothing I do will ever change that situation .
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2013
Community Volunteer
humvee9000 wrote:
Hey, being 12 can be a drag, im a 22 year old dude. When I was 12 I too was poor, my mother was a single mom. The town I grew up in was filthy rich! So I felt left out every day, not many friends, didn't fit in with popular crowd. I WAS SAD to say the least. Here's what i did, I got off my butt and I started taking art classes, I started going to concerts, I joined the school football team(I had never played football in my life and didn't even know how to play), And I started lifting weights almost every day. By the time I got to hignschool I was very popular!!! But I WAS NOT popular by anyone else's standards, I had my own experiences and my own passions, that's what makes you popular. Your peers don't understand personal achievement because they are 12, they don't understand compassion for someone less fortunate, they don't know how to be good people yet! BOTTOM LINE: Don't let other people get to you, don't be consumed by Ipads and cell phones...(the company is just gana come out with a better device next year) Focus on finding your passion, finding something that you can enjoy and be good at, and lifting weights or playing a sport might help you get a chick down the road. KEEP YOUR CHIN UP, LIFE GETS BETTER...if you allow it to!

I like this post...Kind of the story of many of our lives..Like the poster said KEEP YOUR CHIN UP, LIFE GETS BETTER...if you allow it to...

Ten years ago I never would have believed that I would be doing what I am now...I write to help people because it is a hidden part of myself that needed awakening...I believe there is something special in all of us...With me it is my thirst for knowledge...Unfortunately, it took me too long to find it, but then your never too old to learn...My best to you....

Caroline
|
12 >>
Quick Reply