Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

no solid bowel movement in weeks not diarrhea, but almost...

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
I haven't had a solid bowel movement in weeks. It's not diarrhea, but almost...if that makes any sense. For the past 5 days or so I have been very nauseated all day long (and I assure you, there is no possible way that I am pregnant), I haven't vomited, but I have come close. I eat very healthily, tons of fruits and veggies, lots of water, not much fat, no meat (lack of meat has never posed a problem for me), but I think I might be lactose intolerant, so I try to not eat much (or take a Lactaid pill). This has been going on for a while and I'm getting pretty worried. I don't smoke, drink, or take any drugs/medication, except the occasional ibuprofen. I am under some stress, which has caused me to have trouble holding food down in the past, so I wonder if that is connected? Please help!

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2012
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A32757
Welcome to e health forum.

From the history provided, it seems that your major issue is nausea, and your bowel movements do not appear to be abnormal in any form.

The most probable cause could be due to gastric reflux, associated with a laxity in the lower esophageal sphinter.

Trying to reduce your stress and spending more time and a relaxed approach to diet, as well as a good amount of normal sleep should help you de-stress.

Taking probiotic and antioxident supplements will also help you improve your digestion.

Following a stress free life might be the solution in your case, as you do not appear to have major medical issues. Working our in a gym and keeping yourself fit will also have a added benefit.

In case your symptoms worsen with onset of constipation, diarrhea, bloating, severe nausea or vomiting, you should consult a doctor for a examination and proper advice. Conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome might be need to be ruled out in such a situation.

I hope this helps

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.