Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

No self esteem

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi doctor… I don’t know how to start. I am 28 years old guy from of one of Middle East countries. I have depressed from my teenage time. I am shy , don’t have self confidence and self esteem , jealous , I have phobia and anxiety oh I hate myself. I am not comfortable in social situation .My major problem is in my sexual life. I can be friend with girls, I don’t know why but it seems to me that there is nothing important than sex in life and because I don’t have it so my life is means less and I am miserable. I try be avoid my friends and they expression from their experience with 100s of girls,they happy thims… oh god, I feel jealous. When they talk I feel terrible. I want be died and don’t hear this things that not happened to me. I know any individual could be say ...”If u wants something you must try to have it” I know... But again shy.. Confidence and ETC doesn’t allow me. I give up everything I always think about dead but I can’t kill myself because I know I will go to hell. I am really stuck .I saw 2 or 3 traipse in my country I have try medicine imipramin and floxiting and others I don’t remember but they didn’t work .I think my problem is not relate to leak of Serotonin …It is simply relate to my behaviors and not satisfying with life and all of because of bad programming of in-conscious mind during my life and perhaps genetic. Most of therapist simply suggests you if you want to be OK you must behave such a normal person... Recently I tried to find some ways to help myself. I read self-help books, NLP, self-hypnotism… I had too much hope with self-hypnosis but after a lot of try and reading I understand I am not suggestible. Now I have terrible feeling .I think the only way is dying but how , I always pray god to take me out of this world but noting happened. Dear doctor would you tell me what could help me and what is the way for come out this hell after 12 years or you perhaps tell me go and see another professional trampist
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 19th, 2009
You sound a lot like me....
|

replied August 23rd, 2009
First let me tell you, lots of guys lie about how many girls they have been with. Mostly its only any good with someone you care about. But that doesn't sound very impressive when a man is with his friends. So take what your friends say 'with a pinch of salt'. Second, some people have sex relationships and then go through a long time without one. Sometimes by choice, often not by choice. Third, even people in marriages and relationships are often having bad sex or no sex. The media, TV, magazines would not like you to know this, becuase sex sells stuff. So you are not weird. You need other interests, sports etc to take up your time and energy. Spend some time helping others. And then you will probably meet a nice girl, while your friends are busy playing Casanova.
|