Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

No pulse or wave in feet

Hello Doctor
I visited the cardiovascular disease doctor because I was getting pain in my thighs everytime I exercised, my right one was worse than the left one. Doctor decided to do an arterial doppler, the right one was fine the left one he could find a pulse or a wave in my leg but not on my feet.He advised to go again in a while to check it again, he said that sometimes if it's cold the arteries close up. So I visited him again in four months(which was today) and the same thing happened. I got worried and I questioned him what could that be??He replied that it's OK everybody's shape is different and perhaps that artery is narrower but the waves were Ok at the back of the leg so I supposed he meant that the blood was flowing to go back in 4 months to control it.I wanted to ask him more questions and about symptoms that I should be aware of, he didn't want to tell me, I asked him for an MRI but he said no it isn't justified there's not point to put me through an MRI with contrast, he said forget it came in 4 months time. I'm very anxious and I don't know much about vascular diseases all I know is that if it gets bad they have to amputate your leg or legs. I'm very worried, would you be so kind to give some information about what's happening with my leg??. I would much appreciated.
Thanks in advance for reading my post.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 1st, 2010
Star 68: You need another Dr. It sounds to me like this one doesn't know what he is talking about. I also have no pulse in my feet and I am 100% blocked from blood flow to the lower extremities. I am about to have surgery to correct this. PAD also put you at a higher risk for heart attack or stroke. If you have blockages in your legs there is a possibility that there are others elsewhere or a least a build-up of placque running throughout your body. This condition is serious. Don't go overboard! But DO get a 2nd opinion!
|

replied January 17th, 2011
PAD
Star 68, I agree. You need to find another doctor quick. I have had several leg bypass surgeries on my right leg and on Monday the left leg will be done. I had my first surgery in 2004. Two weeks after the surgery i had my first of 4 heart attacks. Plz, plz find you another doc. That nn to be checked with the scope and go from there.
|