Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

No period in three months

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi All,
I am 22 years old, and have been having a few problems with my menstrual cycle. If I get to into detail I am sorry I just want everything to be covered. I started my period when I was about 11 years old, and they have been pretty normal other then the first few years they were a little longer lasting about 8 days or so. As a got older they got shorter average 4-6 days. I have been sexually active since I was 16, and was with that boyfriend 3 years. I have only had sex with him and one only other guy whom was a friend of a friend which was totally unplanned for and I regretted after(this was March 2009). It was unprotected Sad In October 2009 I went and saw my doctor and got an exam/STD testing. The pap was normal and she only tested me for two STD's which where both negative. Before that I noticed a small growth on my outer vagina, I asked her what it was she said it was nothing and not to worry about it. My period was normal although I skipped July's but got in early in August, she told me it was probably just stress(which I was under a lot at the time). On Jan. 19th 2010 I had sex three times the same day unprotected(I know he is clean) with my ex (the guy was with for three years). It was a little painful and I bled a little. I don't know if it was just to ruff or what. I spotted until I got my normal period(5 days) on the 23rd of Jan. I have been spotted not badly just enough to be annoying. I have not had a real period since the Jan. one. I have been spotting off and on shades of browns, pinks and some red. I do have some breast tenderness, bloating/pressure, and a little cramping. My growth seems a little larger about 3/4 to 1 inch long. It's hard and not really painful if I squeeze it brownish pink fluid leaks out. I emailed my doctor about on getting my period, and she told me it is probably from exercising ( which I have only been doing since the end of March) so I slowed down but it seems to be less spotting when I am not exercising. I was just trying to be healthier. I have taken a pregnancy test every month I don't get it. I plan to go to the doctor at the end of May if I miss my May period. I just feel that doctors just try to rush you in and out I don't really care. She told me in my email it's probably nothing(which it probably isn't) and shouldn't worry, but what if it is something. Missing three periods isn't nothing IMO but I am not a doctor. I have been looked over in the past for something else by four doctors who told me it was nothing and a year later I had to have surgery on my hand which could have been taken care of much earlier. I just feel so rushed and looked over no matter how many doctors I go to. I just feel they may miss something that could be important. I don't know what to do Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|