Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

no period in three months - menopause?

Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
the past few months i have not had no period what-so-ever. i am 43 years old. i dont know if i am coming on my menopause or not because it does not feel like i am due on my menopause. i have also been suffering with really bad on and off cystitis recently, i have tried sachets but it does not seem to clear it. i am really worried and would be grateful for any advice thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
For the cystitis issues, a consultation with an urologist would help. A cystoscopy done would help in knowing the extent of the problem. You might need another course of antibiotics to calm down the flare up.
The absence of periods for few months could be indication that you are into perimenopausal period. You may or may not experience all the symptoms of menopause. Once the hormone levels start changing, then you start with symptoms of hot flashes, mood changes, headaches, weakness, bleeding changes, libido changes etc.
Go through this link to relate if you have any of these symptoms: http://www.project-aware.org/Experience/sy mptoms.shtml
http://www.womenhealthfocus.com/women-heal th-articles/menopause-symptoms.php.
Take care.

|

replied May 29th, 2013
Hi , hope you are doing OK. I am now 43,in 2011 I went through hot sweats , heavy periods , all the symptoms, from 38 years old.. I had a Premenopausal test in Jan 2012 , everything was intact,the Dr said ..

So now I have no hot flushes , no periods and no time of the month symptoms! No partner, not pregnant .. could I be on the better side of it ? What kind of test do I need to do to confirm It? So Glad the hot flushes are over . Everyone says I Am too young to have gone through the menopause .. 43 ?
|

replied May 30th, 2013
Hi Rachel,

I was told I was too young too...I was 40 when I started having perimenopausal symptoms, and I had a blood test, and it said my hormone levels were normal. However, the doctor told me that in order to get an accurate result, you had to know exactly where you are in your cycle. Well, at the time, I was having a period every two weeks, and had no idea where I was in my cycle. So, come to find out...I was in perimenopause.
A couple years ago (I was 44 or 45)...I stopped having a period for 5 months, and had another blood test and it showed I was in menopause.
I am now 47, and my symptoms have been the worst the past 2 years or so. My hot flashes stopped for a little while, and then came back even worse. - I hope that doesn't happen to you, but it might.
I have heard that menopause can last for 10 years!! UGH

I hope that you have gotten past the worst. Because, if you only had hot flushes...you are very lucky Smile
|

replied May 30th, 2013
Thanks
Hi Annie ,
Thanks for your reply . I think I may need another blood test to see where I Am.Smile

At 38 I took Noristhrone,to control heavy periods, they were brilliant, I got my life back. I took Soya Isoflavone for the hot flashes , brilliant also.
At 41 I felt strange, I had a blood test, I had no oestrogen, I was put on a mini pill to sort it out, that didnt work I was put on another, that made me feel weird also! In November 2012 I decided not to take any pills at all.(y)

I got 2 light periods and then that was it !
My mum had it all over and done with by the age of 46 , I think I may be following in the same path. I am just so pleased all the tension, heavy periods, yeh I was uptight a few times . Have gone I am calm now..Smile

I hope its all over and done with I will get another blood test done . & hope it doesnt return
Thanks again
Rachel
|

replied May 30th, 2013
Thanks
Hi Annie ,
Thanks for your reply . I think I may need another blood test to see where I Am.Smile

At 38 I took Noristhrone,to control heavy periods, they were brilliant, I got my life back. I took Soya Isoflavone for the hot flashes , brilliant also.
At 41 I felt strange, I had a blood test, I had no oestrogen, I was put on a mini pill to sort it out, that didnt work I was put on another, that made me feel weird also! In November 2012 I decided not to take any pills at all.(y)

I got 2 light periods and then that was it !
My mum had it all over and done with by the age of 46 , I think I may be following in the same path. I am just so pleased all the tension, heavy periods, yeh I was uptight a few times. I am calm now..Smile

I hope its all over and done with, I will get another blood test done . & hope it doesnt return
Thanks again
Rachel
|

replied June 1st, 2013
Hi Rachel,

I hope you are past all of it. I've been dealing with symptoms for years. First the perimenopause symptoms, and now, menopausal. And, the symptoms have been extreme. I could go on and on, but I won't! Smile
Let me know what the blood tests show! Smile
|

replied June 2nd, 2013
thanks
Thanks Annie, Take Care x
|

replied June 2nd, 2013
thanks
Thanks Annie, Take Care x
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menopause , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.