Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

No period for over 2 months

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I've spotted like twice with a little brown stuff. And I've had two pregnancy tests. An at home one and one in the hospital.

I'm not underweight or anything like to make me lose it. Has anyone else gone a while without theirs? Could it just be stress or something? Question
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Honeybee01
|

replied November 2nd, 2008
I am assuming your preg. tests were neg, right? Maybe you have a cyst or something that is stopping your period or your not ovulating? I have never missed a period except when i was pregnant. You should go see your gyn and get checked out, it is probably something minor!!!
|

replied November 14th, 2008
i too have not had a cycle for over two mos taken preg test and they were neg. i am never late and have only started stressing since i havent had a period. i am sexually active and not on birth control. could i be pregnant? i have been sleeping and eating more than usual and just a little concerned. please help.
|

replied November 16th, 2008
msthng22_08,

I am not a doctor or anything but i can give you my advice. I ve been pregnant before and I can tell you if you were pregnant you would have had a positive HPT by now. If you are sexually active you should see you gyn. could it be an std? If not, then it is possible it is a cyst or endo. they can sometimes make your period very irregular. Do you have any pain? The fact that you mentioned eating and sleeping more, maybe you are stressed about something or depressed? that can really mess up your cycles. Also, you may not be ovulating which can stop your peiod. My advice would be to go to your gyn. They will do a blood preg. test and internal exam to find out why your missing your period- good luck let us know what happens.
|
Users who thank melissab1982 for this post: msthng22_08 

replied November 19th, 2008
Experienced User
emilymarie137 it could be that you're not eating enough meat or some other nutrition? When I wouldn't eat enough meat my period would come late (not that late, though).

It could also be that you're very stressed. Are you going through a lot latealy?
|

replied December 2nd, 2008
Thats how it started with me...i went about 2 months without having a period, got it very heavily one summer...and now i have not gotten it again for over 2 years..it could have something to do with your hormone levels maybe? Thats what a doctor told me.
|

replied December 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
masa I seriously suggest you go see a doctor about this, no menstruation for 2 years could be a symptom of many things possible!
|

replied June 24th, 2009
i too have spotted for the past 2 months
which has never happened before
i took a pg test and it was neg.
one of my hormones doesnt work properly
so that could be it. however i get really bad cramps
and stomach pain nausea too..
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
always i m having a irregular periods. once in a 2months. i went on medication get checked up with lady doctor and had a scan and it was normal. i have been trying to get pregnent since a year and above but no luck. i had periods last on 24th of may but still havent got next periods. i am eating more than usual, having a cramps and feel like a vomiting as well. what should i do? can i do hpt in 2-3 days with my irregular periods? please help me!!!!!!!!
|

replied July 28th, 2011
2 months late? Helpp!!!
I haven't had my peroid in almost 2 months. I've had irregular periods before. And I dont seem to show signs of a pregnancy. I don't know what could be the problem.. Ive taken tests and they were negative
|