Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

No period for 2 months (I'm not pregnant.)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Its been a couple months or so that I haven't had my period and I know for a fact that I'm not pregnant. Also, last month when I was supposed to have my period, I had cramps like I was going to, but I never had my period. Is this a sign of an STD or infection? If not what is it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 29th, 2011
I had this as well a couple years back. Your period can dissapear for many reasons such as stress, weight gain or loss, and even conditions such as depression can cause a vanishing act with your period.
In my case, I had a functional cyst that was holding up my periods. My advice would be to go to your gynocologist and request an ultrasound, have your blood and thyroid tested and get a through pelvic exam.
Best of luck!
|
Users who thank Melissa0312 for this post: dakshu30 

replied February 28th, 2013
im in the same situation ive done 2 pregnancy test and all of them are negative
|

replied March 2nd, 2013
if this problem does not get treated can it lead to early menopause?
|

replied March 5th, 2013
I'm going on 4 months no period two negative test strips. I have gained weight I am stressed but who would be if u gained 10 pounds. have an appointment tomorrow for my yearly. hopefully the doc can tell me something because I refuse to get back on the pill
|
Quick Reply