Medical Questions > Parenting > Preteens Forum

No period for 5 months and im a virgin

I'm 14, I've never had a regular cycle but this is the longest i haven't gotten my period. I've never had sex before. I had a check up 2 months ago and I'm not pregnant. The doctor said he sees some spotting in my urine and said to wait. Its been 3 months since I've gotten the check up and i do see a few spotting but still haven't gotten my period. I'm pretty scared since I'm only 14. What do i do? Have ANY suggestion in what to do so i could get my period :/
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper someone9
|

replied June 26th, 2011
just let your body do its thing. you still arent pregnant, dont worry about that. talk to your doctor about it again if you want to, but this is something your body needs to adjust to on its own and even if it is off there isnt anything a doctor could or should do. besides, spotting beats a full-on period any day.
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2011
Experienced User
I wouldnt worry i 14 and my cycle goes everywheree i can go for 9 months without having a period its your body changing i wouldnt worry .
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2011
Experienced User
And you cant get anyhting or even do anyhting to get your period its up to your body Smile
|

replied September 13th, 2011
You are still young so it is normal that your period is not yet regular. However, if you did get it every month or so previously, and now it has disappeared completely for 5 months, one could look at other possible reasons too. Things such as stress, a change in diet, and being underweight can all contribute to the loss of your menstrual cycle.
|

replied October 27th, 2011
I was like that when I was 14 years old. I told my doctor and my doctor gave me the pill and now I have my regular period. Maybe you could ask your doctor about the pill.
|

replied February 5th, 2012
another reason is stress related. your body and or mind could be under stress causing that problem.
|
Quick Reply