Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

No morning erections

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
I am 19 years old and have noticed that i don't get morning erections anymore? This has been the case for the last few years.
I think i may have detatched, torn or over stretched my suspensory ligaments some how. Scince the problem occured I can achive an erection roughly 90 - 95% of the time but they are not always as strong as they used to be and don't last very long. I have also noticed a decrease in the angle at which I get an erection.
Can anyone tell me if this is erectile dysfunction and how much this will effect erections for the future?
Also is there a permanent cure for this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2010
Hi there. Thanks for posting your question on Ehealthforum. What you are describing here is not erectile dysfunction or ED. Erectile dysfunction is defined as: "The inability to achieve or sustain an erection of sufficient quality or duration to satisfy the needs of either party engaged in sexual activity." And that, if I understand you correctly, is not what you describe.

Andrew Rynne.

|

replied March 1st, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
binguwa its not actually normal for a man to become erect without stimulation of some sort. A morning erection doesn't serve a purpose for your reproductive health and it's absense is normal in older men.

From what you're describing, unless you're aware of an injury to your penis, I'd suspect you're just having some difficulty with arousal. Have you spoken with a doctor about this?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.