Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

No menstrual period , blood test negative

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
It's been 4 in a half months since I had my period. I took a blood test, it came out negative last month. Just one week ago, I double check with a home pregnancy test, and it was negative. Now, I'm having sudden sharp pain in my lower abdominal. I also had diarrhea along with it. The diarrhea comes from no where and is accompany with cold sweats. This has persist for two days and the pain is getting worst. I can't afford to go to the doctor. This pain seems to be coming from my uterus and sometimes from the side where my ovaries are located. When I press gently on my pubic area. I've been really sleepy and can't understand why. I have around eight hours of sleep every night. Can someone tell me what is going on? What should I do? Is this life threaten?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the history given it does seem that you might be having ovarian cysts causing the irregular periods and abdominal cramps.

For definitive diagnosis and treatment, consultation with a gynacologist and tests including pelvic ultrasound might be very helpful.

|

replied February 24th, 2012
abdominal pain and no menstrual cycle without pregnancy
I am experiencing something similar and now the doctor is checking my blood for thyroid, anemia and Hormones. The pregnancy test and uti test came back negative. She prescribed me hormones for now that may help me to get my cycle started again and next week she will do an exam...So it could be alot of things, maybe thyroid, cysts, hormonal imbalance, anemia or in rare cases even cancer. Don't you have medicare if you cannot afford a doctor? I think you really need to get bloodwork and an exam done because it could be alot of things that can't be diagnosed over the internet. Good luck!
|

replied April 17th, 2012
I am having some of the same issues, I cant afford to really go to the doctor, but i have some abdominal pain, which I sometimes believe is coming from my uterus area,I havent had a mestrual cycle since January, and some diarrhea. I have done home pregnancy test and been to the doctor for both blood and urine test and it all came back negative. I have no clue what is going on.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.