Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

No menstrual cycle S/P ceasing breastfeeding

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I stopped breastfeeding 3-4 weeks ago (until my baby was 17 mos.) and still have not had a menstrual period. Additionally, I pumped 3 days/week + breastfed(...I work part-time) up until this time. We would like to try for another baby, but I am fairly certain that the odds of conceiving are low. Should I be worried? I have read that it can take some women as long as 2-3 years for the return of their menstrual cycle. We became pregnant very quickly with baby no. 1 and pregnancy/delivery were both uneventful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2011
Community Volunteer
2 to 3 years are extremely long.

When it comes to your cycle, 3 months are normally the time frame where you should see the effects of a change. If you do not see your first period in the next 3 months, speak to your doctor about it. They might try to jump start your cycle again. It is however unlikely that it will take that long.

Best of luck TTC!
|
Did you find this post helpful?