Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

No longer a virgin after d&C

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
my age is 25.
i had gone through an unfortunate event of my life.
in 2009,i had made pregnat while remaining virgin.me n my lover was unaware abt the fact that wdout intercourse even a gul can get pregnant.anyways the painful moment ended wd my D&C,rendering me no more virgin.
now m afraid as how to hide it from my husband as m living in such country where it wud b crucial for my future.
please do guide me what to do?
even i m unaware still abut intercourse but the fact of D& C has raised many doubts in my minds.
i dont want to get stitches and want to know how to check myself that reaaly i m no more virgin n is it apparent from my vagina shape.?
kindly answer me with guideliness.
wud b thankful enough

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2010
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A18047

Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The rupture of hymen due to D&C can be repaired. Hymen can also get ruptured in a girl due to vigorous and strenuous physical activity. So rupture of hymen on nuptial night is no longer considered as proof of virginity. Vagina shape is different in different women, so do not worry about altered vaginal shape and size. The rupture of hymen cannot be made out unless a person is well adept with it. Only professionals like gynecologist can examine and tell if it is ruptured.
If you are still worried about it, then all you need is to visit a gynecologist for examination to see for the extent of the rupture and discuss about getting hymenoplasty or hymen repair done to restore the virgin status. It will not have any stitches that can be seen. Visit these links to know more about them:
http://www.revirgination.net/hymenrepair.h tml
http://vaginal-surgery.info/hymenoplasty.h tml
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.