Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

No emotion (Page 1)

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
User Profile
i Have no emotion anymore its driving me mad!!!!!
i worry all the time i feel like i have no feeling for anyone what is this am i a bad sick person i had this for a few months now Sad
when i see said things i dont get upset anymore i just dont care
i do suffer anxiety and depression

does anyone here know !!!! what this is am i turning evil
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Jodie17
|
Users who thank Jodie17 for this post: EffinJulie 

replied April 23rd, 2009
same problem
i've got the same problem! i cant stand it i've seen my family go through realy bad times and i dont even care i dont know why! i've been to a counceller and she said its trauma, dont know about you but a psychologist really helped me!
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2009
Oh thank you
Thanks So much for letting me know i am not alone this helps me alot ..its like my ex boyfriend Overdosed and i didnt panic is weird like i was just laid back and i cant understand why i feel this way i have thad a lot of things happen so i dont know
|

replied June 29th, 2014
i also thought i am the only one like this...i used to be shy and had no friends and thought too much..but i was emtotional and happy and enjoyed life but now i feel nothing..for years i have not slept at night cant eat..but i was intelligent and could think and was good at studies..but now i cant remember anything.i feel no emotions and i cant cry for the last 8 or 9 months..i used to cry a lot before that but i felt life but now i feels like i am dead...please i want to cry!!! i cant go to psyciatirst or psychologist because of my family.. they do not understand my problem..please tell me what to do and what pills to buy???
|

replied May 12th, 2009
I went through a stage in my teenage years where I was really depressed. It lasted a couple years and cried constantly. Cried myself to sleep ever night. During the day, just all the time.

Well when i finally came out of it I felt the exact same way. Nothing made me sad or angry. I pretty much felt emtionless. I also hated it and felt like a bad person because of it. I am a female and woman or suppost to be emotional right?

I have now been on anxiety meds for years. I'm still not very emotional but I do have an occasional cry during a sad movie or something. It feels good to be able to feel again.

Thinking back, I think my anxiety or constantly racing mind prevented me to focus on anything and really evolve any emtion or maybe I just made myself numb because I didn't want to go back to being really depressed again. Still not totally sure why I was like that.

Good luck to you!!!
|

replied February 23rd, 2012
I have the same problem right now, I feel nothing at all. On the outside I show emotion but that is just a facade of a past memories. Even now I can feel my emotions slipping away, love, hate, jealousy, happiness, they bear no meaning to me much like a foreign concept. I'm extreamly shy and truth be told have no friends. Even as I wright this I feel...nothing. I guess this is my minds way of making one last attempt to save it from myself.
|

replied June 29th, 2014
my story is totally same...please tell me what medications are you taking??? and how are you taking them?? do u have to take them for whole life ?? i heard u cannot withdraw these medications??
|

replied June 29th, 2014
please help me..i also want to cry...i have not cried for last 8 or 9 monts..
|

replied June 1st, 2009
loss of interest
you are not evil, if anything you probably feel too much and it is overwhelming. this is happening to me, i dont care about goals or health or the future, people talk about global problems and i cant relate to any of if. i have no motivation and no interest in anything. i think this is a response to having had a lot of emotional trauma when i was young and somehow i have turned off some feeling without knowing how to control it. be careful with anti depressants, they can make you react very differently to how you normally do. its hard enough to interact with people without feeling like you are an alien. we are just sensitive type people and it is a hard world for us.
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2009
Supporter
depression will do that to you, especially if you've been depressed for a long time.
do you get anxiety attacks??? if so, when?
|

replied August 16th, 2009
nonemotional
thank your God dears i am so emotional and that ticks me off
i hate being emotional and faling in love easily:)i'm depressed
|

replied February 20th, 2010
No Emotion
My boyfriend is like that at the moment, he used to be so sensitive but now he just doesn't care about anything or anyone and I seem to be having enough emotions for both of us, I just can't stop crying because it seems like he has totally changed into another person and he just tells me to cry myself to sleep, he's so cold.
|

replied February 25th, 2010
similar is my case too.i was being very selfish.did'nt have a reading habbit or social activities .i can't even smile . when people around me worried,i don't have any sympathy to them .more ever exess masterbating also lead to such situation.sorry for bad english
|

replied April 25th, 2010
Loss of emotion
It was interesting to read each persons response to what they interpreted as a lack of emotion. Words like "mad", "depressed", being selfish, "ticks me off" (anger?), anxiety. I thought these were "emotions". It could bring some comfort the realize that each person is expressing emotion and that the emotions they are having is an indicator of what''s happening internally. They are sign posts of where they are.
|

replied April 28th, 2010
you are not evil you are defensive. you have emotions but you are numb because you feel used up. you don't want to hurt anyone else's feelings so you bottle yours. At least that is what I feel fits me. I also have menopause issues. Work issues. Family issues. I wonder where I come in.
|

replied July 21st, 2010
I know how it feels ... your emotions are fragmented, you can't make sense of them so they come out as anger, frustration and anxiety. You may feel tempted to shut out all feeling together, but I wouldn't recommend that. The fact that you still feel, however negative, means you still feel emotions. See a psychologist who is trained to help you make sense of those fragmented emotions, and you will start being able to piece things together again. Hope this helps - I've been there, and I know how desperate one can feel in that situation.
|

replied August 11th, 2010
Its not a serious problem.I think you should start doing meditation or if you are not recovering any help then go and meet the doctor.
|

replied September 12th, 2010
i had my first emotion and thought when i was in my 20's. didn't seem wierd because it was all i knew. told by therapists i shut down to protect myself from the trauma. felt like a zombie looking back - blank. people don't understand this - how i could of went through high school without being aware of thoughts. started on prozac when i was 30 and my reality in this world was so different i remember thinking 'so this is what it's really like'. shortly thereafter diagnosed with bi-polar. there are some drugs that make you feel 'flat'. i would look into a drug change and if the doctor is not willing to try this maybe you need a more open minded doctor.
|

replied September 17th, 2010
The fact that your worrying about what you feel means that you still have some emotions. If you had no emotions you would not be able to feel depressed, you would simply feel nothing.

After suffering years of anxiety and depression, I'm actually grateful for my lack of emotion. It's a freedom I've never known.
|

replied January 15th, 2011
No emotions
With out emotion you would not be able to have depresion or have feelings towards anyone. U might just be depessed and suffering through a rough time to there for bottle up ur emotions and feel nothing.

I have the opposite. I cant express my emotions. I have no pure facial expresions, just memories of others smiles and years of practicing inthe mirror. But i cant laugh or cry or have a look of hurt on my face.

You should see a docter or a phiocolojist. Or try listening to different genres of music.
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2011
I can relate to you some.
This may sound kinda weird but almost everywhere I go I can't seem to think about anything at all. Its as if Im lost or something. Sure I know where Im going or what Im about to do but I can't actually talk to myself in my head like I used to way back then in my earlier teenage years.Its as if my mind is just blank most of the times and I can't really tell how Im feeling most of the times unless Im in my room where its quite or something.Its as if my brain cells aren't functioning or something.And almost all the times Im the last one in the room when it comes to test taking time. I can't seem to focus at all.Im in college btw.Recently in a room of 30-40 classmates, we all took a test the same length and I was the last one to finish it.Anyone else feel like this? Im a 19 yr old guy. Is there something wrong with me?
|
Users who thank Dr3amboat for this post: anteater 

replied February 22nd, 2011
no emotion
I like the lack of emotion,it protects me,I havn't even dreamed since i was little,so no nightmares for me,Razz,
I have no sympathy for people, i'm not evil,it makes my life so much better it protects me from so much pain.
I cried to sleep most of teenage life, broken heart ,being beat, untill i could no longer shed tears, its how my body adapted. I thank god for taking them away.
|

replied January 31st, 2012
I have never been beaten physically, but mentally yes. So much I have blocked it out and can't remember it. I feel no emotion, its good... I don't want emotions, we all know pain comes from them.

We are in a way gifted, a group of people who can't feel emotions...
|

replied May 18th, 2011
No feeling
I dont feel anything anymore, i dont have anxiety, or Depression, but it worries me that i dont feel anything, Like i was driving, and i saw a rabbit Gutts and Everything, My girlfriend was about to throw up, but i pretended to act like that, when really i could have gone up to it, Poked, and kicked it, and Laughed, what do i do to Help what ever is wrong with me?
|

replied November 30th, 2011
advice?
i don't feel anything either. i'm 15 years old and have been pretending for three years. just absolutely nothing.
|
Users who thank Alyypoo17 for this post: chameleonx 

replied January 31st, 2012
Same, except for the 3 years... Im not sure how long for me, Im 13.... Nobody knows.... But I dont want to face the emotions under neath the numbness... In a way it helps.
|

replied May 18th, 2011
I dont feel anything anymore, i dont have anxiety, or Depression, but it worries me that i dont feel anything, Like i was driving, and i saw a rabbit Gutts and Everything, My girlfriend was about to throw up, but i pretended to act like that, when really i could have gone up to it, Poked, and kicked it, and Laughed, what do i do to Help what ever is wrong with me?
|