Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

No ejaculation after anterior sigmoid resection

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hi Doctor,
I am 34 year old and had an abdominal surgery 2 months ago for sigmoid volvulus. I have noticed that I now have normal orgasm but no ejaculation after masturbation. My erection and ejaculation were normal before undergoing this surgery and had a very good sexual life. Now I wonder if there is any nerve damage or blockade of ducts which get the semen out.

During surgery, a catheter was inserted in my bladder and removed after 2 days. Does catheterization has any such effect? I have read some articles on this complication after lower abdominal surgeries but it is being said it will be resolved on its own in few months time. Please clarify me if that is true or this will remain permanant. I am so worried now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2010
Hi there, thank you for posting your challenging question. My answer is not intended as a substitute to visiting your own doctor but I hope I can be of some little help.

You are describing retrograde ejaculation secondary to having had surgery to your colon. I think (and indeed hope) that your research into this is correct and that this will right itself in a few months time. You might have a word with the surgeon who performed this life-saving operation but if the retrograde ejaculation does not resolve soon you could take Sudafed caps one daily for a while to see if that made a difference. Contact me if you want more help.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

www.andrewrynne.com

|

replied July 17th, 2010
Thanks doctor,
One more thing. I did not see any cloudyness in my urine after masturbation. Recently, I did participate in sex and immediately after orgasm (no normal ejaculation) I felt like fainting for a second and seen a minute droplet of semen coming out.
|

replied May 24th, 2013
I have exactly the same problem, and I am also worried. Now 3 weeks, 4 days after surgery and still no sign of ejaculate.

When did your retrograde ejaculation reverse? Anyone else with similar experience?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.