Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

No ear wax and tinitis

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
A recent trip to my asthma Doctor revealed that neither ear is producing any ear wax. I have had ringing in my ears for over 20 years. About 15 years ago had to have tubes in my ears (I am not a child). At 60 years of age, is this yet another bane of aging? I was told to put baby oil on a cotton tip swab and swab each ear canal daily. Is this normal?
thanks Mollie
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper King1961
|

replied May 5th, 2009
I have the same symptoms...
Has the baby oil helped? The lack of earwax plus tinnitus has been driving me crazy since my health provider seems to be able to provide an answer.

Thanks,

Steven
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2010
totally the same problem, I am 35. I also suffer from ashtma and nasal polyps. Ear calm spray helps the itching but it is getting worse. Waiting for consultant at ent to get back to me
|

replied July 23rd, 2010
No wax...lots of ringing
I have no wax but constant ringing. My ENT is not the best and told me he "was considering" that I may have Menieres Disease. He did no testing other than 3 hearing test. The no wax is not my big complaint, it is the constant ringing. Anybody else got this same problem?
|

replied September 24th, 2010
This may help.......ongoing assessment of Tinnitis.
Thanks for this info. I have been analysing Tinnitis for awhile now and it seems:
1. it is not centered in the ears it is in the head above the ears.
2. lack of ear wax could be an issue as the wax may serve as a sound deadener through the ear canal.
3. relaxing certainly turns down the volume
4. lack of water may be a problem, dehydration of the brain.
|

replied February 15th, 2011
No Ear Wax
Should I be worried because I don't have ear wax? My hearing seems to have diminished.My father always had a too much wax problem.I am 68 yrs. old. Bette
|

replied April 4th, 2013
Permanent Cure for Eczema in Ear
PERMANENT CURE
I cured myself with a thyroid medicine and an elimination diet.
I had severe eczema in my ear canals. I would scratch at it and get ear infections. I thought I would eventually become deaf. I was very afraid. So I researched all of it.
I had almost no ear wax. I also had dry skin, low morning body temp, intolerance of heat/cold, very slow hair & nail growth, and other signs of low thyroid. But my thyroid blood test results showed only a bit low, but still in the normal range.
To increase ear wax production and restore normal oily skin, I took a thyroid medicine Cynoplus, which is a T4/T3 combination. I now have some ear wax and oily (not dry)skin. Before all this, I was trying all kinds of natural soaps and shampoos, body lotions, etc as the solution. Now I can use any soap or shampoo and don't need skin lotion.
I also try to have more healthy oils in my diet -- olive oil, real butter, peanut butter, etc.
Also, to fully stop eczema flare-ups, I did an elimation diet of the most common food allergens (corn, wheat, tree nuts, coffee, alcohol, gluten, etc). I found that whenever I ate the smallest amount of corn (in any form, including high fructose corn syrup [found in MANY foods and drinks], corn starch, popcorn, etc) the eczema would start within 1-2 days. This happened even after I increased my ear wax by boosting my thyroid, but the eczema was very minor -- it didn't spread to the ear canal, just at the opening and went away quickly.
I have been free of ear eczema for three months now and also feel much better overall. The Cynoplus thyroid hormone T4/T3 also cured my chronic fatigue, brain fog, frequent depression, and slow wound healing.
Research/Google elimination diet and also the symptoms of low thyroid (hypothyroidism) -- and cure yourself permanently.
If you can't afford many doctor visits or expensive U.S. medicines, or you have a doctor who is unwilling to let you try thyroid hormones, you can try another doctor -- or order online inexpensive Cynoplus from a Mexican pharmacy and start at the lowest dose. You can also order U.S. blood tests via the Internet (without a local doctor), with blood taking labs in almost every U.S. city; the test results are emailed to you.
If you can afford it, it is best to see a doctor, ask for a hard copy of blood test results, and get a prescription for U.S. medicines. Remember that even if blood tests show normal levels of thyroid hormones, but you still have many of the low thyroid symptoms, you may need to insist that your doctor let you try thyroid hormone pills -- especially if you have serious problems like eczema in you ear canal and resulting, dangerous ear infections. See if T4/T3, or T4 alone, increases ear wax production. You will know in one week if it works.
|

replied October 23rd, 2013
I share many of the symptoms you mentioned. IN ADDITION I have lots of ear ringing, sleep apnea, and muscular pain.
Before you started taking the Cynoplus, could you please say if had these problems too?
Did you eliminate dairy?
|

replied November 19th, 2013
These comments have helped me to relise that my no earwax, itchy, ringing ears isn't uncommon. Maybe my doctor should read this as she told me that it is all in my head the last time I went to her about it and that if I tipped scratching them, they'd stop itching! Does anyone know if natural oil would help-maybe Olive Oil put on with cotton bud? Tried Earcalm and various creams prescribed my the doc to keep me quiet, but not really helped. The cold weather and wind is a killer for my ears Sad
|

replied November 20th, 2013
Hello,
Me too have a vital ear problems. sometimes there is a blockage in my ear and I have continued to become unable of hearing through my Left EAR. Sometimes it happened for a while. But now the problem takes a regular interval. Please help me out. am really in very much trouble.
|

replied April 6th, 2014
Re: King1961
I had my thyroid removed in 2007 due to over-active thyroid disease. My blood tests are normal and I am taking T4 only. My ears stopped producing wax about 2 years ago and I have to use optic oil. I have very dry hair, skin and nails that have developed ridges. Also cold intolerance and now dry eyes! I am going to see a Dr. to inquire about T3/T4 combination. Thanks!
|