Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

No blood supply to testicle

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
Almost 10 years back, I had an accident in which I got my Left Testical hurt. I got swelling. The swelling subsided after 3 - 4 days. But slowly the size of the testical started shrinking and testical became feelingless.

Now I had recent checkup; the ultrasound shows that there is only 5% of blood supply into the testical. Rest of the testical is dead (no blood supply to it). Size of the testical is also reduced and its very soft as compared to the other one. Normal touching doesn't feel at all but when pressed a bit or squeezed, a pinching wave of pain comes through which shows that the testical is not 100% dead.

Can this convert into Testical Cancer.

Pl advise what should I do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi marki,

Thank you for writing in to us. I don't think your less active testicle is cancereous, it appears to be dying off. Although, you have some sensation in it, that is due to a moderate blood supply that's still there. Eventually, it will be completely void and you should start thinking of make a crucial decision of having it removed. I know this isn't what you want to hear but it is a conversation you should have with your urologist, the sooner the better. Just remember your manhood is definded by your testicle(s). You can live a perfectly full and wonderful life with one testicle.

God Bless and keep us posted, we are cheering for you.

Faded Rose Smile)
|

replied November 11th, 2009
Thanks Rose - I would definately consult Urologist for this. One thing in my mind is that this testicle had been like this for over 10 years now. I mean that the blood supply doesnt seem to lessen with the passage of time and aparently the sensation level remain consistant and doesnt decrease as well. Does it mean that the testicle is no more dying off and its holding its current state? If it is holding its current state then:

1. Can I avoid removing it as it is still Partially alive?
2. What are the side effects of not removing it?

Please be very open as I am not afraid of losing my manhood becuase with the same condition, I already have a child and I'm enjoying a very happy married life.

Waiting for your best advice.

Regards.
|