Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Night Sweats

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
A few times over the past few weeks, I have woken up in the middle of the night Soaked in sweat. Last night was the worst yet with enough moisture to require getting up and toweling off. Is this a symptom of any lingering problem? I am a type 2 diabetic as well.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ohcalcuta
|

replied June 25th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
probably more a symptom of your overall health so r u in normal proportion to height and weight and do u eat properly or sugar, fat and junk food, soda etc
|

replied June 26th, 2011
Generally healthy, a bit overweight (168LBs 5'5") but not obese. Limited sugar and junk food intake, almost no soda, but occasional fat and fried food.
|

replied June 26th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
u may need a Dr. I will tell u a story; when I was a kid I was obnoxious and my mother ran a Drive-In so I could eat all the junk food I wanted; BUT NEVER DID, I demanded good ole mom make me regular home cook meals, freeze the, put them in the oven with a timer so at lunch I could leave school and go home and eat. I had perfect health, height/ weight and now I go off to college; after couple months I am having the night sweats like u and go to family Dr. HE WAS ALMOST SHOCKED; said I was suffering from malnutrition; imagine that; but guess what? I had only been eating hamburgers from fast food joint 22 cents and I thought well, u got bread, meat, tomato, lettuce, pickle so must be balanced BUT IT WAS JUNK and my body had no idea what to do with it. NOT THAT IS YOUR CASE u r overweight but probably see Dr. as may be something just as simple BTW I have never been back to a fast food joint in 40 years
|
Users who thank ohcalcuta for this post: Ralex49 

replied June 26th, 2011
Thanks,

It sounds like it is something to ask my DR about as it still happens from time to time. I don't see the nutrition thing as reasonable because I am eating better than I ever have and almost never eat "fast food". The thought of McDonalds and Burger King makes me ill.

thanks again
|

replied June 26th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
good 4 u, as u will be better off
I once went to Vancover British Columbia, Canada
u can take a tram around the city and I spent 3 days exploring the city;
WHAT I NOTICED; no fat people and couldn't find a single fast food junk food dump anywhere

America can learn a lot from other cultures
there r great diets; Mediterranean, Japanese and other oriental and just about any who don't depend on junk food, SO GOOD FOR U
I am sure between u (smart) and Dr. u will figure out the best solutions
|
Quick Reply