Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Night sweats after gallbladder surgery

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
User Profile
What should I make of \\\\\\\"Night Sweats\\\\\\\" occurring the third and fourth night after gallbladder surgey

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2010
Gallbladder Disease Answer A14464
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. The night sweats can be due to several reasons. Firstly, your regular blood sugar monitoring should be done as hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) is one of the important causes of the same. Secondly, a low blood pressure can also produce the night sweats.

Hence, it should be ensured that your blood pressure remains normal. The low blood pressure can be due to bleeding from any site especially the surgical site. An ECG/Echo along with cardiac enzyme like Trop T/ CPK-MB should also be done to rule coronary artery disease as angina can also present with similar complaints of night sweats. Please do consult a physician for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.