Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Night Hallucinations

I have been experiencing hallucinations in the middle of the night. They don't occur that often, but are very bothersome when they do occur. They actually began when I was a little kid, I was raised Catholic and my mother would read bible stories before bed. I remember several times as a kid hallucinating religious figures floating around my room. It was really bizarre.

Now as an adult I still have these hallucinations, the scenario is usually like this, and I can recall several distinct instances of it happening. I wake up in the middle of the night with my eyes open, and I'll see something and be unable to move. One instance it was a glowing figure right next to me on the side of my bed. It appeared hooded in white with a halo of light surrounding it. It was just standing there. Another time, I'd wake up with my eyes open again, I'd see colors flashing before me, like a rainbow in the room. The last time these hallucinations occurred was a few weeks ago, again I woke up, but this time I was able to move, there was a small figure floating around my head, like the size of a small stuffed animal.

I'd like to know what the cause is and if it is a sign of some kind of brain disorder. I do not have the hallucinations that often, and I'm not a drug user.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Dafoe85
|

replied February 7th, 2010
Pleiadianlight
I also see strange visions at night or in dark room, most often moving colors, indigo color circle in the center shifting in size(it was third eye chakra). This is result of deep meditation or because of psychic abilities.
|

replied July 16th, 2010
you are dreaming you are awake and seeing these things .
|