Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Night eating syndrome

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Hi, I've had issues with night eating for at least the past two years. I've tried just about everything, some days are good but I usually just feel hopeless. I'm starting to think taking an appetite suppressant at 10:00 every night would help a lot.

I always drink enough water and excercise, but somehow I usually seem to fall into a cycle of eating all night, then I'll sleep half the day and not eat until 11:00 pm. Mainly I want to find a good way to keep myself out of the kitchen late at night.. like something that will make me feel full so I'll be able to sleep and just eat the next morning.

I've been taking melatonin and 5HTP which helps me feel tired, but I'm mainly looking for a natural appetite suppressant to make me not want food later in the day. Sourcenaturals hoodia didnt do much, I was looking at things like african bush mango and brown seaweed extract, but havent tried them yet.

Any suggestions or advice would be great!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 4th, 2012
Try drinking some sweetened tea. Caffeine is a natural suppressant and the sweetness of the tea satisfies your sweet tooth. I do this when I want to binge, and it really helps! Just go to the store and get some black tea and either use sugar, honey, or Splenda ( I use because no calories) to sweeten it. I hope this works!
|
Did you find this post helpful?