Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

newly diagnosed hypoglycimic, feeling lousy, could use some tips

Hi Everyone:
I was recently diagnosed with hypoglycemia after a 3 hour tolerance test. I was told my level was 38 at the end. I am feeling really lousy all the time. I feel different with each thing I eat then feel bad again shortly after. I am hearing different advise on the best diet from different sources. I would really like to hear what the best way to tackle this and start feeling better. Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 16th, 2012
Read "I found a Diet Remedy for Hypoglycemia" by Niklas 89. His plan has really helped me a lot. I do well only eating Ezekiel Bread for my bread. You might want to give that a try.
|

replied March 22nd, 2012
Hypoglycemia
Hi there,

I've had Hypoglycemia for 25yrs. Divide the clock at 12,3,6, & 9. If you can eat a small piece of cheese, egg or peanuts or meat just BEFORE (10 to 15 min) those times it will help. I have noticed if I have a bad dream that wakes me... its just before 3am... surprise, surprise... blood sugar drop! Hope this helps. Also stay away from the yellow & white veggies (they are a starch and turn to sugar in your body). Think greener veggie types and meat will stay with you longer. I just look at it as I'm basicly allergic to sugar/starches. Good Luck.
|