Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

New to chronic pain

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I have had pain for 3 months. Its my lower back and when I sit for any length of time it travels to my buttocks and back of my upper thigh. MRI shows arthritis but my disks are fine. I'm 50 yrs old by the way.

Tried 4 weeks of PT with no change.

3 days ago I had a facet block with no change in pain.

Nov. 30 Dr. said if I got relief from the facet block he would repeat it but if no relief he would do an epidural.

I thought the facet block was really painful, I wasn't expecting that. They gave me versed, but man oh man.

Thanks for listening.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 21st, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
Arthritis comes only two reasons:

1) Bones are out of alignment.
2) Bones are not moving.

PT works for an injury, not so good for chronic pain. It is not addressing the misalignment and lack of motion in your hips. That's why it does not work for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?