Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

new Mole on toe? Blister? Something to be concerned about?

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
Hello. I'm a 16 year old male. Around a week ago I noticed a small black oval mark on my big toe, a little smaller than a pencil eraser. I'd been walking barefoot for a few days so I just assumed it was some kind of blister, although it wasn't painful.

Fast forward a week, it's still there. Same size, same color, same everything. It was definitely never there before last week. It's a regular oval shape. From what I've searched on the internet it looks a lot like a mole and nothing at all like any kind of blister I could find. It doesn't really have any of the ABCDE qualities of melanoma, but from what I've seen new moles are supposed to be suspicious.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I see a doctor about getting it removed? Or should I wait until something changes? Could it be something other than a mole?

Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: Just a little more information about me. I don't apply sunscreen too often, but I rarely burn. I don't believe I have any other moles on my body. My mom had some kind of skin cancer on her leg at one point, but I think it was precancerous and I don't think it was melanoma. She had it removed before I was born. Other than that no known family history of skin cancer.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2012
It could well be just an ordinary mole. I have just been through a similar exprerience and had my big toe nail removed (because the mole was under it) and was pleased to get an all clear. But melanomas are extremely dangerous and, at minimum, keep a really close eye on yours to note any changes and/or see a doctor to get their opinion. these things are potentially too dangerous to ignore.
|
Did you find this post helpful?