Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Neurological disorders, tiredness, and anxiety

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
For the past few years I have noticed that I have become unbalanced. I often trip, run into things even though I can see them in my path, and when Im walking or standing I usually lean to the side. My coordination has become worse over the years. I also feel like sometimes when people are talking to me, my brain isn't interpreting what they are saying. Sometimes I have to have them repeat very simple things so I can process what they are telling me. Lately I have been finding it very difficult to talk without mixing up my words, or not being able to say exactly what I want. I.E. I will draw a blank, not being able to fill in the correct words I need. Occasionally I will use words that are completely different than the words I intended to use. The other day in one of my classes, we did finger to nose testing and I missed several times which is apparently an indication of neuro disorder.

I would like an opinion on what is wrong with me and what I should do in the future.

Thank you!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2008
Mental Conditions Answer A3967
The test nose-finger is used to estimate the coordinative function of the nervous system. Symptoms like dizziness, mixing words, and hard understanding could indicate a neurological disorder but can also be due to other conditions like tiredness and anxiety. According to your letter, it doesn’t seem to me that you have problems with writing and expressing yourself. Anyway, you may want to consult your GP and a neurologist later, if necessary.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.