Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Nervous system issues and Mono

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
I've had re-activated Mononucleosis and haven't had it since early March. Since February I've gone through absolute hell. I've lost 16 pounds over the course of 2 months and have had nausea almost all day that gets worse whenever I think about it and don't have my mind occupied with something. I stare at the computer and TV but my sickness is all I think about. I have extreme anxiety and almost panic attacks because I'm so afraid of feeling awful. Because of this persisting nausea I just had a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy done yesterday. From what the doctor saw, there was nothing wrong. My biopsy results will be back in 1 week but if there was anything majorly wrong, he would've seen it. I just started taking anxiety pills to calm my nerves as he thinks the mono has "whacked out" my nervous system. If anyone has any idea what's wrong with me, please tell me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2012
Experienced User
Rest assured, it's just mono. When I had it, the nausea was so intense I was convinced I was dying. Never before have I been that sick. The best thing is to have your dr prescribe you an anti-nausea med. I took those for a year, and even now I have to take one once and awhile. But for awhile I took them every day so I could simply function.
|

replied May 4th, 2012
What nausea meds did you take?!?!?!?!?
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2012
Experienced User
Promethazine/Phenergan <--prescription needed
Dimenhydrinate also works fairly well <-----OTC
|