Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Nerve Vibration

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I am a 27 yr old male, I have recently started to feel vibrations in various parts of my body. It is painless, but I notice like the nerve is pulsating. I notice it in my arms, and legs. I am concerned as to what it could be. Does anyone have any idea.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper james23456
|

replied April 7th, 2009
Nerve Vibration
I started feeling the same thing about four months ago and cannot figure out what it is. I've gone to a cardiologist and had several test done and they were all normal. I've gone to get checked for carpal tunnel syndrome and was negative. I am also very concerned and puzzled by this vibration. My general doctor seems to think it's all in my head. Have you found out anything yet?
|

replied May 10th, 2009
Hi, Just to let you know that its not in your head, i have a similar eaxperience, & still looking for some answers myself
|

replied January 10th, 2013
Buzzing/Vibration in body.
Did you ever find a cause?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2009
omg i have had this for two months and the docs tell me its in my head...its a horrid inner vibration at the base of my neck and upper back, sometimes i can see my stomach pulsating too.....extensive testing, all normal.......this is insane.......maybe a reaction to meds?
|

replied December 10th, 2009
I am a 24 yr old female, I have started to feel vibrations in various parts of my body since a month ago.It feels like my nerves are vibrating continously. It is painless, but I notice like the nerve is pulsating. I notice it in my arms, and legs. I am concerned as to what it could be. Does anyone have any idea.pls reply me urgently so that i can take action.
|

replied January 17th, 2010
I have the vibration plus pins and needles pain in both legs. Mine occurred after gynae surgery but the doctors can't find anything wrong. I take Lyrica which helps a tiny bit.
|

replied February 7th, 2011
For the last year or so (off and on) I have been getting this tingly feeling in my right hand. It often has that "dead" feeling to it and I sometimes have pain up my whole arm. I find that my fingers can't grip things well sometimes and I often have "butterfingers". It has been a growing problem these last few weeks now that I am back in baseball season , I find it hard to throw and grip the ball. Any suggestions ?
|

replied August 5th, 2011
Have you cked yourself out for RSD reflex sympaic dystrophy, and do you have tempature changes, and do vibrations hurt you, car rides, a shopping cart over asphalt, or when you hit the ball, touch hurt. Do you feel a fire in your clavicle area of your painful arm.
|

replied May 13th, 2011
I have had the vibrating, pulse-like symptoms in various parts of my left leg for 5 years. I had major knee surgery at that time in my left leg and have always attributed the symptoms to nerve damage. Last night and this morning, however, the pulsating, nerve vibration has moved to my left hand middle finger. I am a dentist and have never heard of any such symptoms or causes.
|

replied May 18th, 2011
Sciatic nerve and vibration
I spent most of yesterday POSITIVE my cell phone was vibrating in one of my pockets. Except that the phone was set to "ring" and wasn't in my pocket! The vibrating pocket kept moving around, sometimes in the front and sometimes in the back, switching sides from time to time.

This has happened before and gone away after a couple of days. This time, I also notice some lower back pain consistent with what I get when I irritate my sciatic nerve. A trip to the chiropractor usually sets that right.

I am guessing the two are related since they started about the same time, but it's a guess.

I have also had the slightly tingly and slightly dead feeling in my left hand. Extensive testing turned up nothing except possible arthritis.
|

replied June 2nd, 2011
nerves pulsating, back pain, leg pain, sciatic with no explation
If you have these nerve pulses going on try getting a blood test for herpes. Herpes is a virus that affects the nervous system. It's such a silent culprit that can cause so many problems like low back pain, leg pain, groin and buttock pain, even sciatic pain. If your pains come and go then you might consider getting a test. You do not even have to have a visible breakout to have herpes. I have been tested for many years for STD's but they don't test you for herpes unless you ask for it. All this time I thought I was fine until I found one bump and then began having nerve pain. Believe me I have all these pains and I now realize what it is. Talk to your doctor about an antimalaria medication or Lyrica. There is no cure but 1 out of 4 carry this virus and don't even know it. It's hard to believe when you have it, but then the pains all make sense! (Not saying you all may have herpes, but at least check into it if you need to!) Good Luck
|

replied June 2nd, 2011
nerves pulsating, back pain, leg pain, sciatic with no explation
If you have these nerve pulses going on try getting a blood test for herpes. Herpes is a virus that affects the nervous system. It's such a silent culprit that can cause so many problems like low back pain, leg pain, groin and buttock pain, even sciatic pain and you don't even have to have any visible sores to have active herpes. If your pains come and go then you might consider getting a test. I have been tested for many years for STD's but they don't test you for herpes unless you ask for it. All this time I thought I was fine until I found one bump and then began having nerve pain. Believe me I have all these pains and I now realize what it is. Talk to your doctor about an antimalaria medication or Lyrica. There is no cure but 1 out of 4 carry this virus and don't even know it. It's hard to believe when you have it, but then the pains all make sense! (Not saying that you all may have herpes, but at least check into it if you need to!) Good Luck
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
Answer to nerve pain
YES! I had these nerve problems for several years and they were driving me crazy! The answer was very simple, I needed the right form of calcium to neutralize the excess acid my body was producing. I had become like a battery so every nerve impulse was hyperactive. I studies the theory of Biologic Ionization and have had rest finally for the last few months. As long as I take the right kind of calcium several times a day and a few other supplements I am sane and healthy! This explains it simply:
http://www.consumerhealth.org/articles/dis play.cfm?ID=19990307125517
|

replied June 22nd, 2012
Interesting.. What is the "right kind of calcium"? I'm asking because I'm having the same nerve problems that people are describing, and I also don't have much calcium in my diet.
|

replied March 11th, 2013
body vibrations
I get the phone in pocket vibration in different parts of my lower body. Sometimes when standing it feels like earthquake tremors. A few times my thighs have been hot to the touch.
|

replied April 30th, 2013
leg vibrations
About leg vibrations - I had the same symptoms a few years ago. I mentioned it to my Dr, an older gentleman, and he advised me to take two Tums, three times a day. The vibrations went away within one or two days. I have since weaned down to one Tum a day and am symptom free. He explained that if a certain type of calcium, which is contained in Tums, is deficient, the energy nerve impulses have to try too hard to make the jump across the synapse, hence the vibrations.
|

replied May 11th, 2013
Sounds like it does have to do with calcium
|
Quick Reply