Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Nerve pain , Tramadol use , and withdrawal syndrome

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
i have had an mri scan, a ct scan, a bone scan, an ultrasound scan, chest x.rays and several blood tests, i have visited a physiotherapist who said he wasnt happy to touch my ribs as they looked slightly raised on one side and have seen a neurologist who first thought splenameglia but has since been baffled by the pain i have, i have had this pain for 14 months and have been in tears a lot of the time, i cant function like i used to and now i am pregnant the pain is worse as the medication i can take is less, i had a lot of pain in calfs and a very sore tongue, a shortness of breath, weight loss, and tiredness so i thought maybe i had a vitamin b12 lack in my body as it can cause pain in the chest neuritis, but blood tests prove my b12 levels are ok, even though since taking the vitamin my tongue is better and my calfs, i am in desperate need of help as i am scared what i take for the pain can cause damage to my unborn baby, yet i need pain releif, please help me.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2008
Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass, and Colon Disorders Answer A
If the results from all those diagnostic procedures (MRI, CT, ultrasound, bone scan, blood tests) were all negative then the pain could have originated from the nerves (neuralgia). If you took tramadol for 14 months you probably became addicted and going off the pills may have caused a withdrawal syndrome. A withdrawal syndrome can worsen the painful condition.

Pain itself can’t damage the baby but can make you feel miserable. You may want to consult a neurologist about your painful condition.

You should stop smoking and drinking alcohol during pregnancy.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.