I've taken 4 tests by now, all of them have read "not pregnant". I wasn't too concerned with being pregnant a couple of weeks ago because even though looking back now I had a few symptoms, I was convinced I wasn't pregnant at all. I just started birth control 2 weeks ago and should've had my period about a week before I got them. My period is officially about 3 weeks 1 day late. I haven't had a period since the very end of August, around the 22nd. I've been reading a lot about women not getting accurate readings for a while even though they actually were pregnant. Here are my symptoms:
1. I used to lay on my stomach all the time, but now when I do it feels like there's pressure on my back, like someone is pushing my stomach to my spine from underneath me. It's very uncomfortable and slightly painful.
2. I developed a stomach out of nowhere. My ex was obsessed with weight, so every morning I would check out my stomach in the mirror - I was also doing some ab workouts and wanted to see the results. My stomach looks huge now and it's very difficult to suck it in when I want to look thin.
3. My breasts are very sore. My friend hugged me yesterday and I jumped back it hurt so badly from touching them.
4. I feel bloated constantly. Part of the reason I didn't suspect pregnancy before was because I thought I was getting bloated from my period about to start.
5. I'm exhausted a lot of the time - today I took an hour nap and am already tired again and ready to sleep, even though I've done no physical activity since the nap.
6. I'm having some clear vaginal discharge that is more than usual. It doesn't smell and it's very watery.
7. I have to pee a lot more than normal. I may not have a lot to put out there, but I'm constantly having a sudden urge to go, and if I even think about waiting more than 5 minutes I end up having to stand still to hold it in between urges.
8. I'm hungry all the time. This is the one my ex said was a dead giveaway on. He and I used to not eat a lot throughout the day, mostly during the evening for dinner. All of a sudden I'm hungry all the time and want more and more food.
9. I'm an emotional roller coaster. I had assumed this was because of my period getting ready to start, but now I'm not so sure. I'll go from ok and happy to extremely depressed to the point of crying my eyes out, and back to being ok or exhausted from all the emotions.
My main concern after reading God knows how many articles on all of this is trying to figure out if I'm pregnant, not pregnant, or possibly have cysts causing these problems. I have no insurance, so going to get tested for everything isn't really an option at this point unless I'm sure of one of them. Also, who do I contact about the possible cyst problem? Is the same doctor I see about possibly being pregnant ok? I'm planning on going to Planned Parenthood for a blood test next week if I still haven't started. I'm seriously confused and don't know what's going on. I do have a bit of stress in my life right now, but I've always had stress, at times more than this, and my period has never been a month late. On a side note, I stopped taking the birth control because I thought maybe it was contributing - almost a week off and still no period. Please let me know what you think I should do. I've never been pregnant before and am not sure I know everything to be done.
I would just like to inform everyone (because I feel like no one comes back to comment on what happened to them) that I was in fact pregnant. I was probably close to one month. I apparently had a miscarriage last night. I had a lot of heavy, sharp cramping, extreme back pain to the point that I was limping, and I was bleeding. At first I thought my period had started, but then I noticed the blood was dark and brown, like it was old. A few hours into the pain, I went to change my liner (because you shouldn't use tampons if suspected/confirmed pregnant), and there was a piece of what everyone's been calling tissue/lining. It looked like a post-it note rolled up - it was spongy, red, and bloody. I freaked out and did a google search - came up with the possibility of a miscarriage, so I called my doctor to change my appointment to this morning. Upon waking up this morning, there was another piece of tissue-like substance on my liner, this time grey and dark, but still bloody. My doctor saw the samples (I always recommend keeping whatever you can), and immediately knew it was a miscarriage. He did a pelvic exam and said I'm still passing everything through - gave me some antibiotics and told me to get an ultrasound next week to verify it's all out. So, I guess it wasn't my time right now, unfortunately. To everyone out there who's deal with this, my heart is with your pain right now. To those who are pregnant, keep strong and raise your babies right. Just to let everyone know, even though I never had any tests confirm my pregnancy, I felt it and was apprently correct. I had picked out a name - Elara. My Dad's name is Larry and that's the only thing I could come up with to pass his name on in a feminine version. Good luck to you all.
Stay strong... I just read your post now otherwise I would have commented with some advise earlier.
I saw that you wrote 'unfortunately' about not being pregnant: not sure if you know but the pill can cause permanent damage to reproductive organs, in case you want to try again later on.