Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

need teeth fixed, but very little money

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Hey,

I hope I can get some help here.

First off, my teeth are a wreck. I know its my fault. Years of worrying about my daughter and money, and not paying attention to myself.

I've reached a point where I would like to get them taken care of.

I have saved some money, but would like to use it as wisely as possible.

Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Debbie08
|

replied June 19th, 2008
im only 13 here so i dont no much but u could go to a local hospital and ask for prices and precedures and they'll fix u out
|

replied June 23rd, 2008
Re: need teeth fixed, but very little money
Debbie08 wrote:
I've reached a point where I would like to get them taken care of.
I know how that goes. I had to go to the dentist twice a week for a couple of months to get everything caught up, but it's great being able to smile. It's also kind of fun being my dentist's poster boy for "it's never too late."
Quote:
I have saved some money, but would like to use it as wisely as possible.

Any suggestions?
What are your options? Where do you work, and is dental insurance available?

One reason I let mine go so long was I didn't have and couldn't get any insurance. I finally got on my wife's plan, and was able to get everything done up front instead of having to pay as I went, one little bit of work at a time. It was very expensive even at that, but worth it in the long run.

If you don't have that option, you might be able to talk somebody into a charity case, or you might be able to get your work done free or cheap if there's a dental school anywhere around.

If you happen to be anywhere around Knoxville, TN, I have a friend there whose mouth was a wreck, and who is pretty much dirt poor. She managed to get somebody to fix what was left of her teeth for next to nothing. I could check into the details, but I don't live anywhere near there myself, and I don't know the specifics.

Good luck at any rate. If you can manage this, it's well worth it in the long run. My teeth were in horrible shape, but so far I still have all of them except my wisdom teeth. I'm just barely hanging onto one of them, but it's still in there. I just got it worked on for the third and final time before I have to have some extremely expensive work done on it if I want to keep saving it. (It's going to take a bone graft and all kinds of other stuff, so I may have to let that one go, I'm afraid.)
|

replied July 8th, 2008
Have you looked into discount dental plans? If so, make sure there are providers in your area!
|
Tags: health care
Quick Reply