Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

need help with a "friend" with tons of mental problems

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
Okay, so I used to volunteer at this free store that we have in town, and there is this guy there that was volunteering and had a bad leg. So I was being nice - because I had to help run the store for the day. Well the next day he saw me at the library and we talked for a little bit and he left. Then yesterday he found me again and this time he didn't leave. He practically clung to me and my sister. We were being nice and while we were being nice we found out that he had a lot of mental problems. Schizophrenia is just one of them. He is very paranoid, has problems with authority and many more. He also knows martial arts and is taking absolutely no meds. He knows were I live and he knows the house number. I don't feel very comfortable hanging out with him knowing that he doesn't take any meds. What can be done so maybe I don't have to be his friend? And I also fear for my life when I am around him...HELP! Oh and did I mention he has been institutionalized before.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2009
Supporter
Honey we all choose who we want to be friends with..You can always be polite and then move on...He opened up to you because you allowed him into your life, you listened and must have given him your address etc..If need be let him know you are not comfortable after learning his history and that his not taking his meds is not a good thing..Tell him to get a councelor and talk with them..His illness is real and not to be made fun of or laughed at..
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2009
Supporter
Are we talking about a kid, teen, adult??
|

replied June 27th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
As a schizophrenic, I know that we can really freak people out, and we are no fun, and some of us can be dangerous, we say wierd uncomfortable things all of the time. My advice is just avoid him, and lie to him, don't let him know what you really think of him, although he probably already knows, make up excuses to leave, it's really not all that hard to get rid of us.

P.s. what does the pentagram mean? All I remember about the pentagram is from faces of death part three where some guys cut some guys head off after stabbing him about thirty times, they had a pentagram drawn on the bed in what appeared to be blood and they had candles lit. Your not going around cutting peoples heads off are you? Is there no universal meaning or use of the pentagram? Do people use it for different things or doeas it have different meanings to different people. It makes me a little nervous seeing it on here knowing that it is used in seriously gory decapitation rituals or whatever they had it drawn on that bed for, wanna shed a little light on that for me.
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2009
There is a lot of misunderstanding about pentagrams. Yet at their most basic level with the single point facing to heaven they are used to ward off evil. Satanists use them with the single point facing down to hell and in this it represents Satan. All this being so however many people think they represent evil no matter how they are used and they use them to represent evil.

The pentagram is a good sign in witchcraft and nothing to be afraid of. It is only the mis-use of it that is frightening at all.
|
Users who thank kaz79 for this post: gayle14587 
Tags: meds
Quick Reply