Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

need help

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
I need some one to talk to I am having suicidal thoughts and i been cutting myself and the only thing that keeps me from killing myself is my dog.please i cant live like this very long.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Oneofus
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2012
Experienced User
Hi KittyKat,

There are guidelines about such thoughts. Having the thoughts tells you to get to a doctor and now. ANy further developed and you should run. Cutting is such a sign so get to a doctor and now.

And say hello to your dog please. Name? I used to be a dog person but my ex wife just got rid of the 3 we had when I was at work one day so it's too much to have one again. But we have a cat that is in charge of out home now. Cats are so arrogant but clean and easy to look after. And so many different facial expressions. NOT. This one loves my partner, looks for our daughter and avoids me unless she is hungry when I become her best friend suddenly.

These animals aren't pets are they? They are part of our families. She's 11 years old so has a few years left yet. But she pretends she can't jump and stuff so my partner and daughter open the door for her when she knocks/bumps it. I close the other door and surprise, surprise, she gets in through the cat door. Lazy little manipulator. But we love her.

DO see a doctor. They have seen and heard it all and will only try to help. There's no shame in being ill or asking for help. But there is shame in ignoring it and letting it get worse.

Give yuour dog a pat and ring the doc OK?
|

replied March 18th, 2012
Experienced User
I agree! I've been a cutter for almost 8 years, and getting help as soon as possible will save you in the long wrong. I'm also here, so feel free to talk to me about anything. Take care!
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2012
My dogs name is honnybunny, sorry about your dogs. I am 13 and I have seen doctors they gave me meds and they dont work.
|

replied March 19th, 2012
First remove your thinking of suicidal thoughts from your mind . Think only positive . God gave us life to do something in life not to waste our life. So decide to achieve something . When you will reach your achievement I am sure you will say I wants more life to do something for myself or family & country. Be positive!
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2012
Experienced User
I got a PM from someone called Angiel as per below where he says he will PM you Kitty. Beware. Private one on ones with strangers, especially male, for you, are dangerous. Cut him off.

You'll notice he had no advice AT ALL to write publicy. I think I know what he is. Do you? He wrote to me saying I should not tell 13 year olds to see a doctor. Kitty, he wants you alone, paying attention to him only. I will report him for being what he is.

To Angie, get a grip, a doctor is the ONLY choice. By the way I see no advice from you at all. Just another spectator who likes to criticise but who on earth should she see? A Marine Biologist?

Give me strength to deal with people like Angie. Good name as it happens. Go back to the rock you crawled out from under.
|
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply