Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Neck, throat symptoms gurgling,crackling,snap crackle pop

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Symptoms are gurgling when sleeping sounds like an ocean sound. It wakes me at night sizzling in my ear, also when i walk.had a 24 hour ph test ent doc says it not acid problems and ent never hear of this .gastro doc also never heard of it. It also sounds like a rush of fluid stuck in there some where, my hearing test is a1 no problems there,the noise is intense drives me nuts .burping does not help thats not a cure. 2 years now and no cure. Does anyone have the same condition or ever hear of a doctor who can cure this,sorry this is a little long . Please help me
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Jessicarcrosby
|

replied September 4th, 2008
If the noise happens to coincide with your heart rate then you should get an MRI. I had a swooshing sound that would speed up and slow down depending on my heart rate. The first doctor I saw told me it was water in my ear so I self referred to an ENT who ordered the MRI which is where they saw a mass that was created by the blood from a slow leaking aneurysm or dural arteriovenous fistula behind my eye. It was fixed at UCSF and I am forever grateful to the doctors there for taking such good care of me and to the ENT who believed me and ordered the MRI.
|

replied September 28th, 2009
I get a gurgling almost snapping/bubble popping sound that feels like it goes up or down my throat in the neck area. It usually happens when I lay down but sometimes after I swallow. I have not went to the doctors for it yet cause it just started about 1 month ago but it is really frustrating I can understand why it bothers you so much. I think the Best bet is your local ENT.
|

replied June 4th, 2013
Hi did you ever find a solution for this? I get this same weird gurgle in throat or crackling in neck (can't tell), particularly when I'm lying on my back, and I have no idea what it is and it's freaking me out! Had it for about 2 months now...
|