Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Neck and head pain, very concerned with the swollen joints.

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
8 1/2 week ago I started having severe pain in my neck and head. After 4 weeks I went to my health care provider and he said it was severe neck stress and referred me to a physical therapist. I went to the physical therapist for 4 weeks and twice to have a massage. About 3 weeks ago still having this pain but was feeling somewhat better my right knee started hurting and my leg was swollen from the knee to the ankle for 2 week. This week I was having a little pain in my left hand and this morning my hand is swollen. I am 60 years old and have exercised faithfully generally 5 days a week, scuba dive, water ski, etc. I am not overweight. I was very concerned about the head and neck and didn't understand how the doctor would know what was wrong without an xray or something but now I am very concerned with the swollen joints. Any helpful information you may have would help me decide what to do about getting further care for this. I very rarely have gone to the doctor except being proactive -mammogram, pap smear, etc. I also went to my dentist to make sure my bite wasn't off
Thank you for your help.

VJ
Did you find this post helpful?
|