Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

near constant ache behind my left eye

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I'm a 17 year old girl and have suffered from migraines for years but only recently, i seem to have a near constant ache behind my left eye. Before Christmas 2009, I went to the doctor to change my medication and he did a quick general exam just because I hadn't had my migraines reviewed in a while and he checked my blood pressure and the like. He said that I seemed to be managing them fine so whatever it is has occured since then.
This ache is on the left side, where my migraines tend to be. Along with this ache I sometimes get throbbing pains at the base of my skull, on either side of my neck and my eyes find it very hard to adjust to light. I'm also very lethargic these days but always just get up and get on with things. Am I just being paranoid and a hypochondriac or should I go back and get checked again? Other that this, I am fit and healthy.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 9th, 2011
I should probably mention that when I try to turn my head to the left, its quite painful but it seems to just be a pulled muscle, although I don't remember hurting it at football
|

replied August 20th, 2011
Have you been to a tmj dentist and been checked for TMJ?
|