Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Nausea, vomiting first day(s) of period

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
For the past 10 months, I have been experiencing severe nausea and vomiting on the first day of my period. I have an insanely irregular cycle, but 2 - 4 hours after the bleeding starts, so does the nausea and then vomiting.
I've talked to my GP about it, and he's given me Pramin to treat the nausea and says to see if it comes back, even though it's happened 8 times in the last 10 months. The Pramin barely works, and he's now said to take Stemetil instead.
I had a laparoscopy 2 years ago to see if I have PCOS or endometriosis, but apparently I don't have either.
This is driving me nuts!
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this and what I could do to at least survive the nausea and vomiting?
Did you find this post helpful?
|