Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Nausea, metallic taste, dry mouth, pain, etc. what do I have?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hello, I'm a 26 yr old female. For the past several months I've been having some symptoms that have been getting progressively worse. I've been having a bitter metallic taste in my mouth, nausea, light headache, lower left abdominal pain, left lower back pain, frequent clear urnation, but i drink plenty of water, weak/fatigued, I burp a lot, & dry mouth & throat. I/ve been to several doctors to be checked out & they can't find anything wrong with me. I've been to a General Doctor, Gynecologist, Gastroenterologist so far. I've gotten full blood work done. nothing came back. no drugs prescribed. Can anyone help? Thank you. Regards, Cinthia
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Since you have been examined by your doctors and nothing significant has been diagnosed, it is possible that you may have psychosomatic conditions including depression or mood disorder related conditions.

You may consult with a psychiatrist, who can counsel you and also prescribe you medications like antidepressents which may help to resolve your symptoms.

|

replied September 23rd, 2012
metallic taste
Although this post is old, I can't help but add a comment. The suggestion of psychomatic or stress is always the response to patients where the doctor cannot find a definite diagnosis, and send away the patient with the thought that it's all in their head. Negative results are frustrating, but there is so much more you could try. The first - if it was irritable bowel, for example - would be a change of diet, perhaps you have food groups that irritate your stomach. Keep trying to find something if you know something is wrong. I have been patted on the head for years, and finally this year had an operation for a hernia which had become incarcerated. You are the patient, you know what affects it, you know what's real and what's not. Don't listen to anyone that tells you it might be all in your head.
|

replied May 26th, 2013
Hi, did you find a cause for your symptoms? I am experiencing exactly the same symptoms.
|

replied June 14th, 2013
I read somewhere recently that drinking too much of water is also bad for the body because it exerts pressure on the kidneys and also makes the nutrients to flow away from the body. May be you are drinking too much of the essential liquid for the body.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.