Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

nausea, dry retching and bloating

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
For the past 5 weeks i have has on and off nausea, come on at least every send day and can last all day and night. I have been bloated and have dry retched quite a few times on several occassions but nothing comes out. I have now experienced pain on the right side of my tummy are and have had a buring feeling in my tummy. Have had tests, abdominal scan and been to hospital all came out OK....Gastroenterologist is now going to do a gastroscopy and I had a CT scan.....

He says I am a mystery woman! Some people are teeling me It could be stress, but I just dont feel stressed! Im getting married and that is fine and I like my job.....(mind u it is a very high stress job)

Has anyone ever heard of similar symptoms or could know what It may be??? IM SICK OF FEELING SICK!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2009
yes,i am going through the same thing as we speak! It is driving me insane.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied July 8th, 2009
Iamgoing through the same thing right now as we speak! It is driving me insane!
|

replied November 24th, 2009
I have such bad nausea I can't function, I retch, nothing comes out, I just heave and heave, causing cramps in my muscles, what is this?
|

replied May 13th, 2010
I had gastroenteritus about 4 years ago and it lasted for 5 months solidly. I went to the doctors and was told it was because I was stressed(while taking my a.s levels). Ever since I have had it I heave and retch every single day! some times it lasts for a few mins and I am actually sick but most of the time I just heave a couple of times and then im fine for anything from 10 mins to 10 hours and it will happen again. It can happen over 50 times a day and Its driving me insane. I have been back to the doctors countless times and they have all said its stress or that im making it happen (yeah!! cos thats what I want to be doing all day!!) its so embarassing as it can happen at any time of the day and when im with people i barely know i just want the ground to swallow me up!! I find if I have a drink immediately after it helps but doesnt stop it from happening. Since the initial gastroenteritus I have had such a dry mouth so I carry round massive bottles of drink and probably have about 8 litres of fluid a day. Anyone had any luck?!
|

replied March 1st, 2013
I have been really unwell for almost 4 weeks now and I have gotten to the stage of constantly feeling sick and retching till my stomach hurts but nothing comes out! This could be due to the fact that I haven't been able to eat for the past month however it is driving me crazy and no anti sickness drugs I am prescribed are working can anyone help me out on this before I think about commuting suicide?
|

replied July 7th, 2013
Have you been checked for parasites? That could be what is messing everything up
|

replied September 17th, 2015
Dry Retching and stomach ache
My son is suffering with similar Retching > 2 yrs. All necessary examination done and finally no reason identified by doctors. Any one carrying idea or recovered now which will give hope to us? Pl respond and help.
|