Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

nausea, dizziness, anxiety ?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi, i am not feeling very well, i feel weak, i have nausia and hunger at the same time that makes eating very un-enjoyable, I also feel dizzy and off balance, and am unable to think clearly, sometimes I find myself about to pass out because i forgot to breath, and I have irregular heat beats that are so deep and fast that I can feel my heat almost vibrate. I think it is just anxiety mixed with anger and sadness because I am going to school this week (only 14 years old) and my dog died a 3 months ago. about a week ago I was fine, but now the only thing that makes me feel better is music, I wish I had an mp3 player so that I could be away from youtube and still feel ok.
I am starting to get woried that this is not just a bit of anxiety, I realy want to know what to do about this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2008
i too have simaler symptoms sometimes. i am hypoglycemic and when my bloodsugar goes low i get dizzy, and foggy. i have passed out more than once from it. i eat some candy and have a glass or juice and lay down. it takes a little while, but i feel better.

as for the fast heart? sometimes i freak out that i am gonna faint and my heart races.

i think you need to see a doctor. it isn't normal body function. also, being 14 is way way way too young to have such anxiety. i am bi-polar and find that music is a very healing and calming remedy. in fact i am listening to the decemberist now to avoid the hecticness of the house.too much activity and noise makes me nervous and sends me into a kinda of panic. it is a good way to escape, but in the end it doesn't fix the problem.

you might do well talking to a friend, therepist, or close family.

good luck
p.s. my dog was 21 when i had to put her down. i got her when i was 4 years old. when she passed it broke my heart. i still have tears sometimes, but the thing that helps me most are pictures and remembering how we grew up together. the knowlegde that she was loved and gave so much love back.
|

I have already told my parents and they think its just anxiety also, I think my real problem is that I am too conected to the world and politics, but know that i know what is going on I can't just watching the news and say "everything is fine and great" because I will still know that there are wars going on and that many inocent and guilty people have died, and people have lost so much, and that people are still losing things and people that are very close to them. Human kind is realy screwed up, we should not have to kill eachother, we are so under devoloped, I am truely amased that we have, as a race, lived this long. mabe someday we can learn from our mistakes.

PS: i am sorry that you lost your dog also.
|

User Profile
my mother is not accepting of mental issues. she tends to see it as a weakness, or just a desire not to calm and think rationaly. she doesn't call my bipolar by its name, she says i'm just depressed and when i go manic she calls it healthy energy. clearly she is wrong. however my point is too show that people close to the situation have biases and sometimes are not right.

you need to see a doctor. i had such a hard time with my episodes of depression then hyperactivity that i went to a emergeny psychiactric facility. i know it sounds dramatic, but it isn't so bad. i talked to a few doctors there and they recomended medication and therepy and informed my regular doc of all their findings.

just talking to an objective source was so comforting. now that i have a better understanding of my anxiety i can speak with friends and reletives, hear their side, and compare it to the clinical and find my happy medium.

it is still a major issue in my life, but i find i am grounded better. ask your parents to take you to the doctor for your racing heart and the dizzyness and while you are there ask the doc about the anxiety. it'll help.

as for the state of the world, itis terrible, we should do everything we can to do our part, but you can't let it consume you. let it drive you. perhaps you should look into volunteer work. you sound like the perfect person to lead a club or group in school for activism.
|

Well, first I think you need to to get relax and i personaly congratulate you because you are using this way to get information about your problem, the second part is that I think you need medical attention because it can be a stress problem and a stress problem is as delicated like any other.
So, what I subgest you is, go and talk with a doctor or try to see a pcicology.
|
Users who thank yara for this post: starsmom 

replied February 4th, 2010
my mother is not accepting of mental issues. she tends to see it as a weakness, or just a desire not to calm and think rationaly. she doesn't call my bipolar by its name, she says i'm just depressed and when i go manic she calls it healthy energy
. clearly she is wrong. however my point is too show that people close to the situation have biases and sometimes are not right.

Your mom sounds like MY mom!!!! Until you completely lose it, they won't consider the reality of the situation and refusing to see bipolar for what it is is HURTING YOU and untheraputic. She is sick and needs a shrink herself. I don't say this to antagonize but I know this type of person can make you feel shame, stress and make you not get the HELP you need. You sound rational, more understanding and clever Stash.Ash. Keep evolving and doing your thing. Life will get better, I promise. Hang in there. Good luck and God Bless. Smile
|