Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

nausea at times, consistently tired, extremely moody...

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
I am 20 and use to have a perfect 28day cycle, I am now 2 months late with 2 negative HPT's a unusual HCG level of 3.5, I have noticed a few symptoms of pregnancy like bloated feeling, heartburn, nausea at times, consistently tired, extremely moody and urinating more than usual as well as a size increase of bra size also seem to be more sensitive to touch what could be the cause of all the confusion?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A24969
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your confusion can be solved by getting a serial HCG level test done. Doubling up of the hormone levels in 48-72 hours will show that pregnancy is going on smoothly. If levels are not adequate, and spotting/brown discharge is under control, then external hormonal supplements should be considered to be started to help with preventing miscarriage. Your symptoms (bloating, heartburn, nausea, increased tiredness, mood changes, increase in breast size) are suggestive of possibility of pregnancy. Sometimes urine pregnancy test (UPT) can also show false negative results. UPT kits are calibrated ones, so unless the hormone levels in urine reach a certain level, they do not show positive results. Blood/serum HCG level estimation is accurate. UPT should always be done on early morning first urine sample as the concentration of pregnancy hormone HCG is believed to be highest in this sample. You can also consider repeating UPT on early morning first urine sample to see if turns positive or visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation to confirm/rule out pregnancy by getting a serum/blood HCG test.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.