Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Nausea and vomiting, usually in the mornings.

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
For the past 6 months or so, maybe every two weeks, I will feel nauseous in the morning when I wake up. I will eventually end up vomiting, usually several times. I have no appetite for the rest of the day. Sometimes I'll do this two or three days in a row, but typically only the one day, then again a few weeks later. These events usually involve me burping a lot as well. I've been to see a doctor. They diagnosed it as simply acid reflux, and prescribed a generic version of Zantac 150. It helped in the beginning, but isn't very effective anymore. It doesn't seem to be related to anything I'm eating as it usually happens in the morning when I first wake up. I've lost about 50 lbs since the beginning of the year because of this. I am not pregnant, nor do I have any sort of eating disorder.

Any ideas would be great. I'm sick of feeling sick.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 28th, 2009
Same in NY
my daughter is going throught the same thing and it started happening just as you've explained when a traumic episode happend in her eleventh year in high school...she is now 21...i'm going crazy ttrying to find out what the cause of it is
|

replied July 14th, 2009
My son, 16, is having this as well. We are at the beginning of going to the doctor and trying to find answers. If we get any answers, I'll be sure to pass them on.
|

replied July 14th, 2009
Thank you...On another note, my daughter's name is Julie
|

replied July 15th, 2009
Has anyone else noticed a low core body temp associated with this early am nausea? My son has that, and he doesn't even warm up after a shower. Had doc order cortisol test. Will update when find out results.
|