Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Nausea and pain after eating

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am 22 years old and I have been very unwell for around 7 months, mainly feeling nauseas after I eat and experiencing stomach pain. I have lost 10kgs, from 55kgs to 45kgs. I have very low energy levels and always wake up tired even after 9 hours sleep.

I have had every relevent test in the past months and everything has come back normal apart from a rise in CRP levels and low iron, however CRP level were back to normal when the most recent test was done. Therefore I have no idea what could be wrong. My main concern is that I am finding it very hard to put on any weight, even with supplement drinks and trying to eat more. Why is this?

Also, I have constipation and often experience hard lumps moving through my body (directly above my belly button and on the lower right side of my stomach). Any ideas what this could be?

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I'm not sure about the moving lumps, but, I guess you should be checked for hernias, usually found in the groin and in the line of belly button.
Hernias are more obvious when standing and tend to disappears temporarily when lying down.
Having a low serum levels of iron is a sign of iron-deficiency anemia.
That's why you feel extremely tired or fatigue.
The cause for iron deficiency could be an internal source of bleeding like stomach bleeding, intestinal bleeding, bleeding from hemorrhoids or bleeding due to prolonged and heavy menstrual periods.
Another cause can be a poor dietary intake of iron, or being unable to absorb
iron from food due to intestinal problems (celiac disease, crohns disease).
The fact you lost 10 kg in short period can cause or add to the cause of iron deficiency.
Experiencing stomach pain, nausea after eating, along with sense of fullness during and after small meals, bloating are all described as a indigestion or difficult digestion of food.
Indigestion is a symptom of gastritis, peptic ulcer, GERD, and gallbladder and pancreatic problems.

Visit a gastroenterologist!
Marija
|

replied January 19th, 2010
I have the exact same problem, they are telling me i have celiac/gluten intollerence, thats what caused my gastritis and low iron, so maybe you should ask about the blood test for that. It can cause alot more serious problems in the future if it goes undiagnosed. Easy to treat it's all about diet, so it sucks at first but it could be alot worse! Hope this helps, Good Luck, let us know what you find out!!!
|

replied March 20th, 2013
Hi, Did you ever find a solution or learn what was causing your health issues? I'm going through something similar. I hope all's well now!
|